1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT...I want to thank the Police for saving my Life

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KENENT1, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I am starting this post because some posters say no body ever gives any positive feed back for all the good the Police do.

This Saturday, the police had the main 4 way stop in our town blocked off collecting donations for the special olympics, as I was the next in line, I undid my seat belt to get my bill fold out to remove a dollar to donate to this great cause (and maby avoid a future hassel if this LEO stopped me later on).

When I pulled up to the intersection this LEO threatened to give me a ticket for no seat belt, I was dumbfounded at this situation, I never drive without my seat belt on.

I decided to put my dollar back in my pocket and refasten my seat belt and drive on......I mean, just the thought that this LEO was so concerned about my safety.....I could have been injured because of this momentary lack of good judgement on my part.

For all you great LEOs out there....this Buds for you!!

tony

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

3. 100straight

100straight Member

Just out of curiosity....

Can someone name any law, other than the seatbelt law, that only protects me from myself? I always thought laws were intended to protect me from you, or you from me.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Classic,,,,,damned if you do,,damned if you don't,,

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Here are some Philly cops not only collecting donations for the Special Olympics, but creating future participants as well.

"PHILADELPHIA — Fifteen Philadelphia police officers have been taken off the street as authorities investigate a video showing three suspects being kicked and beaten by city police.

A spokesman for Mayor Michael Nutter says the mayor stands behind the police department, but that "at a glance it does appear to be beyond the pale."

The video was shot Monday night by WTXF-TV. It shows three police cars stopping a car on the side of a road.

The tape shows about a dozen officers gathering around the vehicle and pulling three men out. About a half-dozen officers hold two of the men on the ground. Both are kicked repeatedly, while one is seen being punched; one also appears to be struck with a baton.

The third man is also kicked and ends up on the ground."

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Philly cops are firm believers in spare the rod and spoil the child.

7. steele

steele TS Member

You guys are a real hoot!! Just keep the pot boiling. GhostRider, lighten up boy!! You're gonna stroke out over this crap. I still luv ya. Come out to the zone shoot this weekend & smoke a few targets. It'll make ya feel much better. You haven't shot in a few months & I think your going through some type of target withdrawl.

8. Juno

Juno TS Member

Do I dare? No. I will say, I have nothing against LEOs. I have great respect for the job. Does it mean they are beyond ridicule when a brainless mishap occurs? Absolutely not. But I'm also not so juvenile as to make the blanket statement "I hate cops".

9. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

100 straight,
    How about helmet laws, no swimming laws, no diving from the pier laws, just to name a few. Here in Fort Myers Beach we have 9 laws posted as you walk onto the public access areas and even more to protect the turtles. (This time of year you can't leave your curtains open with your lights on after dusk.
    Don't worry there are plenty of people trying to come up with new laws every day, just to protect you and me.
    Snookassassin, AKA Clif Adams

10. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Heck, there are plenty of laws that don't protect anyone- like prostitution.

11. blinddog

blinddog TS Member

Suicide is illegal in most locations as well don't stop people from doing it though. You have to have worked some fatality accidents that the death could have been prevented by seat belt, or helmet use, or recovered a floater from some place they should not have been swimming or diveing, or better yet made death notices to the families,(that is always don face to face,) to really appreciate, why some laws are on the books to try and protect you, from your own stupidity. Just a thought froma retired Cop.

blinddog

E.J. Mazza

12. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

How do you stop a person from comitting suicide?? Pull a gun out and order them to stop??

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see how they stop the dangerous mountain climbing and bear hunting.

Seriously, seatbelt and helmet laws have an economic side. usually being crippled for life makes you a drain on society, prevention of those injuries has a material benefit.

I still don't like it. But I comply.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.