1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: I rented a REALLY bad movie!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If you really want to see a film that will completely insult your intelligence, then you need to rent "300". The special effects were awful, very cartoon like and totally unbelievable. This was a very boring film and I hated every second of it. Two thumbs down.

Tron

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tron,

Nothing worse than paying to see a bad movie!

On a better note, rent "American Gangsters". It is a great movie!

ec90t

3. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I thought the "300" was a b-movie myself....who in the world would even believe what was shown was even close to what really happened........CRUMMYWOOD dont care, they make $$$ on selling a BS movie as usual.

4. Tron

300 is the second worse movie that I have ever rented, topped only by Moulin rouge....ARE people really that stupid? I would like to think not.

ec90t, OK, I'll rent it, but it had BETTER be good!

Tron

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Rent it Tron, you won't be mad!

ec90t

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

You boys missed the point of Greek fantasy and mythology. Even though it was a true story, embellishment is the point of making the Spartans Martyrs like the Greeks did ALL THE TIME!

Movie was told like the classic Greek tragedies were back in their day.

No shit the movie looked fake and there was no sense of realism as it was supposed to be shown that way. What did you really think their was some misshapen monster Spartan or a Spartan could jump 80 feet in the air and cut some dude's ear off or all the other crazy shit that when on???

Some movies throw out the realism and enter fantasy just to make it entertaining.

That is all it was supposed to be: Fantasy and entertaining.

If you are trolling Tron, you hooked me good.

Stick to saving Private Ryan when you want true and realism. Every now and then I need some fantasy in this crazy-but-true world we live in.

Jeff

7. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

My wife and I watched "Cloverfield", which had received good reviews. The entire movie was shot with a hand-held camera, which was constantly bouncing around because the cameraman was also one of the characters in the movie.

It was the most irritating movie we ever watched. Besides looking like a home movie, there was very little plot to it and the acting sucked also.

BTW, we "rented" the movie free because my wife had some kind of coupon, but we still feel like we were gypped.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The whole point of 300 was that it was a tale being embellished by a storyteller long ago. Most people figured that out in the first couple of minutes. Look at the eggagerated size of the elephants, the rhino and even Xerxes himself. Even in the first few minutes you realize the wolf is being told up as something other than realistic. I think this was a refreshingly new and unique way to tell this ancient story. I thought it was pretty cool and bought the DVD.

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

"300" was, for the most part, shot in a special effects studio in Montreal....it's played on my satellite movie package numerous times and I haven't bothered to watch it there either...like most everything else out these days....

10. tomk2

tomk2 Member

You would be better off reading Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield than watching 300. Unless you got a thing for muscle men jumping around in speedo's.

11. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Reminds me of a couple of weeks ago while camping at a shoot in a buddies fifth wheel...we rented "There Will Be Blood"..... absolutely, by far, the worst movie I've ever seen...

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Tron rent the (Walk hard) the Dewey Cox story movie that is one of the funniest ones I saw in a long time and if you like music then you will like the movie it is the type of movie that it's not trying to be funny but it just happens.

I like the part where the 6 year old Dewey picks up a gituar for the first time and sings the blues.

That was classic.

Ok Tron I know you are not into country but the clip below is just one of his many types of music he even had some head banging music also.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2njduP_vUqU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2njduP_vUqU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Any one else see the movie.

foggy

13. BMC

BMC Member

I thought 300 was awesome. Most everyone I know of says the same. Great flick with even more impressive CG work.
    I agree with ec90T, two thumbs up on American Gangster.
    I'd rank 310 to Yuma as one of the best of the year though.

Tron, if you want to see one of the best movies ever made in recent times, rent The World's Fastest Indian. Excellent flick.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QilsZ1S96Eg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QilsZ1S96Eg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

BMC:

Ok I have 300 copied but never watched it but I would say the fast Indian would be better from what I seen by the way wonder what kind of pill he put in the gas tank well ok I need something to slow me down instead but I do like to go fast on the land.

Foggy

15. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

3:10 to yuma AWESOME movie and thats all i have to say about that!

16. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

The best movie I've seen in a long time is "Cinderella Man." It's the story of James J. Braddock, and his fall into poverty during the depression and then his rise to heavyweight champion. I'm a fan of old-time boxing, and this is a great story.

Danny

17. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Really great movie is Das Bot in the original German with subtitles---having rode the old smoke boats I could just about smell the sub again---also when was the last time anyone actually went to a movie theater----it has been more than 4 years & I doubt I'll ever go again----Phil

18. Tron

Yeah, Das Boot was a great movie. The weird part was after about 1/2 hour into the film, it dawned on me that I was rooting for the Nazis. I tell ya, those Germans.... no matter what they do, we just can't stay mad at them.

Tron

19. DJM

DJM Member

Best movie I have rented in a long time was "No Country for Old Men". First thing I did after watching it was to watch it again.

20. chuckles

chuckles Member

Joe rent "Domino" and "Smokin Aces"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.