1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot I need to ship something heavy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nailer123, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I have a auger for a skidloader i'm going to put it on ebay.It is about 500 lbs who will ship something like that around omaha Ne.If it sell i can buy the 90 t i'm looking at with out the wife killing me.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I shipped a toyota 4 x 4 transmission and transfer case by UPS a few years back. They came to the house and picked it up. I just had to crate it.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Damn nailer, I thought my old lady was there and you were gonna ship er back,,,

4. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Oic lost my beer on the key board on that one.

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

We have good luck with Fed-Ex Freight Service where I work. You'll have to palletize the item securely and I would recommended shrink-wrapping the pallet as well. If you don't have a forklift, when you call Fed-Ex Freight for pick-up, mention this and they will send a truck with a hydraulic power-lift tailgate and the driver will also have a pallet jack with him. This arrangement has worked very well for us on several occasions. ....Rick

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I use Yellow for stuff like that, or CF.

Depends on who services your area. When you crate it, band it to the pallet or bottom.

HM

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Let the buyer worry about shipping .

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

frieghtquote.com, they can take care of all the arrangements for you.

tony

9. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

I use uShip. Post on their site and have shippers bid on shipping your item. Check shippers feedback and use a little common sense.

Just had a safe 5'6" high x 5'wide x 4' deep delivered from Easton Pennsylvania to Atlanta Georgia for $300. Shipper loaded it and unloaded it himself. Seller's warehouse to a pallet in my warehouse.

Also had some motorcycles with sidecars delivered. $400 from California to Atlanta, each.

Shippers often travel with less-than-full trucks. You can get some awesome deals.

10. elmo

elmo Member

Had a pat trap shipped on a pallet from California to TX. Old Dominion freight was way cheaper less than $150. Check around there is a lot of difference in shipping different ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.