1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT//I just have to brag!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by alfermann66, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Congratulations to your grandson....and to you for your braggin' rights. LOL!

Buz

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

The grading system is absolute garbage.

You cannot get more than 100%. Extra work is just a way for "average" students to boost their scores. It makes a mockery of real academic achievement.

No offense to you your or grandson HD. He is no dummy to be named Salutatorian. My rant is about the system in general. Catering to the lowest common denominator and "no kid left behind" BS.

People fail in the real world - even smart people who have no common sense or are too lazy.

Don

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hoosier Dad, Congrats to you and your Grandson. Must be in the genes!

Hauxfan!

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Congradulations to both of you. Does he take after his grandmother ( LOL )? It 's great to hear about young people that have learned to be hard and smart workers. You did a good job. Mike

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ah...smart kid. I used to get extra GPA credit for "advanced placement" classes in high school back in...ahh, I'll admit it, '63 and '64. But we did have to work. I thought it was unfair at the time that "smarter" kids had an unfair playing field. I thought that life is fair. I mean life has been fair to me, but not as fair to others. That's not fair. Anyway, congrats.

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Hoosier....You have every reason to be proud. Quite an accomplishment. It speaks volumns about the way his parents brought him up, as it does to his grandparents, who obviously raised their kids with some pretty good values to teach him. Congratulations!!.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.