1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT- I JUST GOT SCREWED BY "Big Oil"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slick50, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick50

slick50 Member

I just got back from fueling my Diesel Pick-Up truck. This is getting ridiculous again... enough said

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

OT- I JUST GOT SCREWED BY

Buy off road fuel, Obozo made them stop drilling let him figure out how to pay for it

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Catpower, getting caught with off road fuel in a truck traveling on a public road carries some costs that far outweigh the savings of the excise tax.

John

4. shelly

shelly TS Member

What is "big oil" and how did it screw anybody?

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Prices going up big time in the future. Gas $5.00 a gallion and Diesel $6.00.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

John I am well aware of that, but I know some construction companies that it doesn't seem to bother

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

. . . . or farmers and excavators for that matter, Cat.

I guess they live by the motto, "that its okay to do until someone stops you".

Personally, I would be afraid to run off road fuel on the road because of the potentional for future tax audits, once they catch a person evading the taxes.

shelly, isn't big oil pretty much just the oil companies, and the saudis putting the screws to us?

John

8. porky

porky TS Member

The Saudi's don't have the brains to creat this senerio. I remember reading a letter from 1963 that outlined a future fuel shortage, written by a big oil company exec. The Saudi's just tell the oil companies what they want, wave some money at the oil companies and the oil company execs make it happen. Beleive me when I say that there is a tremendous amount of colusion and price fixing by the oil and gas companies. There are also, 2 sets of books, or so I hear. {I shouldn't say all this because I could have an accident. Sometimes you can know a little too much.)

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I filled up last night $3.65 a gal. I also know a few people that run home heating oil, and have been doing it for a few years.

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

It's called....OPEC !!!!!!

11. don q

don q TS Member

If it will make you feel better, 10 years ago I joined a class action suit against Exxon and won 165 large, bought some neat stuff and paid my house off. don q

12. mdelco

mdelco TS Member

its called supply and demand.....environmental lobbys and regulatory agencies including the current administration preclude this country's producers from exploring, proving up and producing the vast oil resevoirs under our waters and soil. You want lower prices, call your congressman and open up the opportunity for private capital to find and produce available US based reserves. this would be done at no taxpayer expense. when the product hits the market, your price per gallon will drop. Until you encourage your local politician with your vote you are going to have to live with pump prices without recourse. you did'nt get screwed by big oil, you're getting screwed by US based energy policy. Fuel in the UK was about 7.25 per gallon a year ago. our market will be no different if we create the same level of dependence on foreign sources as they have in the UK.

mark d

13. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Like the wise man on TV said...the next time you go to war for OIL...be sure and get the OIL...

Anyone who does not believe/understand that this country is controlled by the price of OIL and the people who produce it, is living outside reality. ALL politicians are in the back pocket of the oil companies in one form or another. The price of OIL sets the condition of our economy and all the folks in DC ignore it. There are no arguments against the unbridled cost of oil that make any sense in this country...IMHO.

JON

14. capulona

capulona TS Member

Slick50 - If you don't like to pay that kind of money for fuel, use less of it. There's a lot of creative ways to accomplish your daily tasks without buying fossil fuels.

15. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I read an article in the paper today re: rising gas prices. I have been watching and have noticed that oil has been DROPPING pretty much every day for about two weeks now. Usually that means gas will follow. The article went on to give the latest reasons/excuses for why this recent increase.

It said that demand is lower and supplies are near record levels. As stated oil has been dropping. The oil price that is usually quoted is from Oklahoma (can't recall the exact name, sorry). Brent crude (from Europe) has been rising lately but that only supplies parts of the Eastern U.S.

The main reason stated for rising costs across the country is that apparently, there is not enough pipeline to get the (less demanded) gas and oil out of Oklahoma. Just when I thought I had heard every possible reason/excuse! If it wasn't so sad, it would be laughable. When was the pipeline sabotaged? Why is there suddenly not enough of it to get a decreasingly demanded product to us?

Tim

16. slick50

slick50 Member

Thank You X2fan.....That is exactly what I am talking about.

17. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe a moratorium on the Gulf of Mexico and Anwar will help.

18. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Please explain something to me as I am not up on this oil situation . How much oil does the US produce and what is the cost per barrel ? Where does the Oil from the Alaskan Pipeline go and how much is that per barrel. Are we selling that overseas to Japan ? What happened to all the Texas oil fields? Do we still produce it there? I`m also sure we left plenty under Pennsylvania . All I hear about is the oil reserviors in Montana thats larger than the Gulf oil fields and we can`t touch it ?? Not only are we paying big bucks for foreign oil but the transportation to get it here ???

19. shelly

shelly TS Member

If everyone stops buying gasoline, diesel and oil the price will drop like a rock. All of you need to do that.

20. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

We all get screwed. The price of energy affects the price of everything we do and everything we eat. The greed shown by the very rich is affecting the lives of everyone, every where. The protests in the middle are by people that cant afford to eat. Their countries have no middle class anymore. Ours wont either, very soon. Greed is the only reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.