1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT I have 2 peruvian Blue parrots 4 sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have 2 Blue Peruvian Parrots 4 sale w/cage and feed. To best offer, they are friendly, I got one to say HELLO twice.

and no I haven't gone to the birds yet!!!

Dr.longshot

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Do they taste like chicken? :) Hap

3. Dr.Longshot

Hap that was a good one, my ex-wife is from Peru and i called her to see if she or anyone she knew wanted them, she said they live a log time. I have been working with them and talking to them I got one to say HELLO very low in voice while on my shoulder. They do not bite, but won't let me handle them, they will fly from the cage to get on my shoulder. How is the weather your way?

Some misty rain here.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

We've had some rain here also Gary. Started Fri. night thru Sat. off and on. It was cloudy most of the day Sunday with one very light sprinkle at the club but we didn't get wet at all. Supposed to clear up soon though.

Hope you can sell those funny lookin South American chickens guy! Lettum listen to talk radio during the day, Howard Stern? :) Hap

5. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Isn't there a lot of paperwork involved with selling tropical birds involving health issues, viruses, leg bands etc? I have often wondered.

6. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Where are you located? Do you have any photos you can send me??

7. BMC

BMC Member

Yoda, the requirements for the selling of large Psittacidaes depends on the state. Some states require leg bands while other have no requirements at all. The state I live in has no requirements. I breed and sell small hookbills to a local distributor and there is no leg band/paperwork requirement. They can be shipped anywhere in the country, but must go air cargo to insure same day delivery.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What are their names. Do they have relatives living in Peru? HMB

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Are they here legally or are they wetbacks?

10. BMC

BMC Member

Doc, where do you live and how much?

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Gee....to bad! I was looking for Bolivian Blue Parrots! Ain't that the luck? Dam!

12. Dr.Longshot

The birds were banded and bred by her brother, I checked and found out they were worth approx$600-695.00 each, told her you better keep them or your brother will be mad at you, so I delivered them back to her this morning. They did have there leg bands as her brother lives out of state and breeds then and other parrots for a hobby, he had lots of them. Best to keep peace in the family, I am sure he would have been upset if she parted with them.

They took the move to her new House very good and are very happy there. They really liked me and always flew across the room and landed on my shoulder, they liked for me to hand feed them Sun Flower Seeds. If it does not work out for them I am sure she will be giving them back to me.

Hap today was a beautiful sunny day, the rest of the week is supposed to get worse.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. Loyac

Loyac Member

Is this what they look like?

14. BMC

BMC Member

John, I believe that is a Hyacinth Macaw, probably one of the most expensive parrots in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.