1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT--Hyundai Elantra

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by VietVet, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VietVet

VietVet TS Member

My wife is looking at a new Hyundai Elantra, and I was hoping to get some feedback from the members as to any issues with these cars. They certainly sell a great message, but how is the product?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My wife has the Alexa and it is very nice. Fuel mileage on it is not what I hoped for(28 highway 17 city) but it has the big V6 and will run 150MPH. My friends that have the Elentra love it and highly recommend. The warranty is great but other than one recall I haven't had to take it in and it's a 07. Jackie B.

3. ryanhammer

ryanhammer TS Member

We have a 2000 elantra gt. Had a warranty repair on the rear hatch latch mechanism. I also replaced an engine mount. That is all. It has been a great car. It's even lady driven! RH

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

There is no Hyundai Alexa. Perhaps you meant the Azera? In any event my neighbor brought home a brand new Sonata last night. What a great car, rides and handles like a dream and the 4 cyl engine has real getup and go. Go for the Hyundai you won't be disapointed.

Eric

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Eric, You are right, I get mixed up some time but my wife said it's an Azera. Great car anyway. Jackie B.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Well you were close, they both start with an A. There is an Alexa model in my line of work but it's a video camera by Arri. Base price without glass (lens)is around $75,000. Takes great pictures. Enjoy the car.

Eric

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought the Sonata at the end of April for my wife to replace a Focus that she totaled. We both love the car. Best friends daughter bought the Elantra and they have had no problrms in two years. Go buy it you'll be happy. Bulge.

8. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

You won't be disapointed. We currently own a Tuscan and a Veracruz. Have owned a Santa Fe and a Stellar (87)and all have been great. I have also driven almost all their products as a good friend of mine is a General Manager of a dealership.

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Never had a Hyundai Elantra but we did have an 05 Sonata and now an 07 Sante Fe. The Sante Fe is the nicest trapshooting car I ever owned. Its also great in snowy weather.

Dale

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Back in 1990 ( about) I painted in a dealership that sold Hyundais. Thats when they forst came out. They were absolutely junk, Most of the time they would not even make it through the shop without quitting running. We used to joke about it and nikcnamed them ( Hun Died) However I have to say that the cars they build today are as good or better than Toyota & Honda. The Azera and Sonata is a hell of a car for the money.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hyundai has gone from the bottom of the barrel, to the top of the heap in a few short years ... My wife had an XG-350 L and now has an Azera both great cars, if I get my way her next one will be the Genesis, man what a car ... We gave up on a American Auto products before they quit making them here in the States, not sure any of them are anything short of junk and a waste of time and money ... We don't even bother looking at any thing other than Hyundai when we go car shopping now that we are convinced of Hyundai's committment to their customers and the customer service ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. VietVet

VietVet TS Member

I appreciate all the feedback. I knew I could depend on the trapshooters! My wife and I will in all likelihood be bringing home an SE in the next few days. I will let you know how it works out.

Thanks again.

John

13. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi
    My wife and I drove a fairly new Sonata back in 06 and it handled wonderful. Like riding on a cloud. Im sure the Elantra is the same way. Hundai has come a LONG way in the last few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.