1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT, How To

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

So, I've been writing "How to" articles to make a little money since I'm not teaching this year, and unfortunately, I've completely run out of ideas. I'm almost afraid to ask if you guys have any idea on "How to" articles that I can write....I've already done, How to reaload and How to shoot a round of trap....so..........anybody creative out here....and if you come up with something that I am clueless about, please be prepared to give me a crash course.....I know I can count on you guys!

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

How bout an article on "Preventing The Dreaded Butt Crack."

Gne J

3. calilori

calilori TS Member

ROFL!!! That would be funny. Maybe I'll pitch the idea to my editor!! You know what, that would be a hysterical book don't you think?

So, how would you prevent it? I'm thinking duct tape.

4. TC

TC TS Member

How to on a couple of the other clay target sports. Tony

5. calilori

calilori TS Member

Unfortunately, I really don't know all of the rules and such about the other sports. I have shot skeet and sporting clays, but I don't really know the official rules and such of them.

6. trapshootin hippie

Calilori, you ask "how would you prevent it?" It seems that the guys with the biggest ones are the ones with the big bellys. So, maybe going on a diet would help. Have been told by a shooter with a rather large crack that the "bigger the belly, the longer the crack." Or, a good set of suspenders might work also.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Somebody needs to write an article about "tipping" who to tip, who not to tip. Valet parking? I think I should only tip the guy after he brings the car back, but the guy who brings it back to you is usually a different guy than the one who took it from you. If you don't tip the first guy does he get pis*ed? Is that why they change the radio station?

Anymore I won't go to a restaurant that has valet only parking. That's no problem here but some of the bigger cities it can be a bitch.

Do you tip the hotel concierge if you ask him for a restaurant recommedations? Slip him the money right then or wait till you checkout?

Do you tip a maid, and how much?

8. trapshootin hippie

Bisi, do ya tip the scorekeeper? Have heard it might help him go blind. LOL

Gne J

9. calilori

calilori TS Member

10. KK

KK TS Member

I would buy a "HOW TO SURVIVE THE 2008 FINANCIAL DISASTER" got any ideas on that! KK

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

How about how to be accepted on the range by following the rules and being courteious. Bulge.

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Lori, Crack Spackel... <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruFp4Tj3RjU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruFp4Tj3RjU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Just look back onto past, comical experiences you have had. Be it in high school, college, or later in life and write about how to, or how not to, do one of those things. Just be creative, comical, and out there.
    -Trappy

14. calilori

calilori TS Member

These are supposed to be for real how to article and only 300-600 words. I'll work on the safety at the club thing.

15. letzc1

letzc1 TS Member

How about an article about determining and adjusting the Point of impact on some of the more common shotguns like Beretta 391, 1100 and 870?

16. calilori

calilori TS Member

That would be good, except I know nothing about that....ugh....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.