1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT. how is your Duck season so far?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bocephas, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

How is your season so far.

I hunt the midwest and we are froze up now.
    Still mallards around.
    Guess I will hunt geese now, they are all over the place.

Our season was fair,good early and then got dry.

Still a lot of mallards to come down.

Bocephas

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Our Northern birds arrived about 2 weeks ago, but our season went out Dec 9th Will be back in Dec 22nd. Best hunting is yet to come if it doesn't freeze solid (in NW Ohio) How has your season been?

3. Bocephas

Setterman, our season was good early and then got dry.
    We go to Dec. 25 which we now have lot's of ice.
    We are right on the Missip. river flyway.
    We have 2" ice in back water where I hunt.

River is still open,but lots of floating ice.

Bo

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Its not Duck season ... its wabbit season.

5. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Froze up and slowed down..........Roger

6. Setterman

Everything was froze last weekend except the Maumee River, so the ducks were concentrated on the river. Monday, we had 1/2" freezing rain.

Today, 40 degrees everything is open, but season is out. Figures!

7. C-Money

C-Money Member

Had a 5 swans do a low fly by over our spead yesterday. That was very neat to see the big Birds! Seem to see more and more swan's every year. As far as duck hunting goes, it has been slow. Alot of frozen water. Thousands of ducks and geese on Moses Lake where there is open water. We are doing our best on the corn fields in the afternoon, hit the water in the morning. Corey, Moses Lake,Wa

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

going monday and tuesday to maryland

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Season closed. Season sucked from start to finish Minnesota

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what the Lumper said!

11. Bocephas

A hunting friend just called about one hour ago, and they are knocking the #ell out of the geese.

Well, I most likely missed it,may go tommorow.
    That is my luck.
    Todays tally 17 geese and 4 mallards.
    Eleven shooters.

Bo

12. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Bought state and fed stamps, bought HIP permit, got survey from US Fish & Wildlife to record my hunts.

Have not gone. Been too busy with work and bronchitis to sit in cold, wet tidal marshes waiting for a pop at a duck

13. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

Not to bad here in Northeast Pa, rivers aren't frozen over yet. Just can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn, the dog is getting annoyed that nothing is falling out of the sky. It seems hunting is better in the afternoons than in the morning. We have alot of mallards and geese. I actually saw two flocks of snow geese on the Deleware River this year, first time in 20 years of hunting this particular spot.
    Joe B.

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Duck/Goose re-opens on Friday (12/14) here in Delaware. We've had alot of rain so the ditches and ponds are full and not frozen. We should have a great 2nd season, plenty of birds in our area and using our fields. We hunt it right, don't over-hunt and we keep the pilgrim's out.

Curt - Delaware

15. WATRDOG

WATRDOG TS Member

Any recomandations on places in Arkansas to go might be looking for a 2-3 day hunt for 2-4 guys? With food and lodging or some close by? Between now and the first of the year. Are duck season closes the 18th but been foze and ice and snow alot of birds moved out a couple of weeks ago.(northern IL).Guess maybe it's time to get the ice fishing stuff out? Thanks for your help. Bill
    ps. remove the XXX's

16. Setterman

Wdog, were looking for the same gig. Our season has pretty much sucked so far.

If I stumble across something I'll let you know. We usually go to Ark the first week in Jan. The guy we had been hunting with near Jonesboro has moved. Need a new spot.

17. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

So far in our area around Sacramento, CA the season has been pretty poor. Far too many sactuaries today, plus flooded rice fields. Hopefully we will get a good storm and break the birds up. But so far weather predictions are for more of the same. - Jim

18. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

today is the last day in Iowa. Its not near what it used to be here, but we had a fabulous a week ago Sunday. Only for one day though. Slowed down again after that.

19. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Yo tripod....should have setup on either 3 Mile or 12 Mile this year. We had a great season through the 1st week in December, now iced out. Just one slow time, about a week and half in late November. All we had was ducks with a PHD in duck hunting and duckhunters on every point.

Maltzie

20. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Last time out, I kept missing easy shots. Suddenly, my dog attacked me and bit me on the hand. Doesn't like to waste his time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.