1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT...How Anal is Your Boss?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ScottEslick, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Yesterday my boss comes in my office talking about something and stops mid sentence and says you need to get a new refill for you pen, the ink is not dark enough.

Mind you the pen is not running out of ink, it is not dark enough for him, its not one of the cheap pen either....ugh!!!

How bad is that??

Scott

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

What'd you marry her for again?

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I had a boss like that not too long ago. Needless to say, I am very happy with my new job.

4. Landshark

Landshark Member

My last boss was not only anal, but bi-polar. She made us lock our computers if we got up to go to the restroom because the sales dept "might" look at our monitors. Hello.....we all work for the same company you idiot. I was happy to get laid off.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The boss is always right. That's why he's the boss. HMB

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My boss puts in the fewest hours of any employee and takes as much vacation time as any other three employees. This is where conservatives get it wrong. It is true that if you follow a few basic rules in life here in America you will become middle class. Get an education, stay married, don't become an alcoholic or a druggie, and keep working. Almost guaranteed to rise to middle class. Anything beyond that is mostly luck. Meeting the right people or being in the right place at the right time. I have worked for many, many companies and have seen many, many bosses. I like my current boss, but he is lazy.

7. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I have a boss that loves himself. His favorite thing to say is: you only have 2 people to answer to in ur life. Me and God, and right now I'm higher than God. When I told him that he'd never be higher than the man upstairs and that all I see is a little man that talks big, and his wheels are spinning in the mud not going anywhere. I paid the price, every crap job he thought of

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I use to have a boss that was the worse boss on earth. He was a good looking guy, impregnated three women that worked for him over 20 years. The company kept him because he made them lots of money despite three lawsuits from the women he impregnated. Each woman was rehired back as one of his supervisors plus a small cash settlement. One day a young good looking woman was called into his office. When she came back an hour later, everyone noticed she had her sweater on backwards. Most of the women loved this guy despite knowing that he was a dog. He was divorced, had his girlfriend working for him for a short time, until she started cramping his style, so he transferred her to another office. He surrounded himself, with personal friends, his brother, and other relatives at work. One day he calls our department into his office and said he is giving us a $25.00 per week raise. Three weeks later he calls us into his office again and said he has decided to take the raise back. One older woman said" you can't do that". He said this isn't Kerney and Trecker, a union shop. If I tell you to go out and wash and wax my car, you will do it or your ass is out of here.
    Steve Balistreri

9. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

Over valued sense of self worth can be resolved quickly and discreetly.
    Your Human Resources department should be able to extract your bosses head from his rectum providing you have an HR dept. Anonymously drop a dime on his highness.
    If he/she has abused others in the same manner, you may mention this in your conversation with HR. If you feel that you are unable to trust HR's discretion with your issues there are alternatives. It would be a shame if someone were to hypothetically pour a bottle of concentrated red fox urine cover scent into the driver side door of.... well maybe we should not go there, that would be wrong,
    I could never condone such an act.

10. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

My boss was an anal orifice- that's why I retired....

Larry

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

senior,

Was the guy you are speaking of the owner of the company or the top dog? If not, why in the world would higher up management officials put up with such a schmuck. He is exactly the type of person and reason that a union would still be considered necessary. The guy sounds like a total a-hole.

John E.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I was up on a ladder stretching a steel cable across a large showroom to hang banners on, I had it done but as I started down the ladder the boss came by and sent me back up to tighten it some more. He says in the Air Force we tightened things up until they where tight and then gave them one more turn, get back up there and give it one more turn. The cable missed his nose by inches as it broke and went flying. His look was priceless, but I'd probably been fired had it hit him.

13. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

I can not stand to watch the TV show "The Office". NBC broadcasts the show as a spoof on a totally anal boss and office staff.

The show makes me mad and brings back bad memories They have no idea how close they were to a wholesale office that I worked in. almost every one of the characters on the "The Office" has a direct counterpart at the place I worked. I'm getting upset just writing about it.

I just couldn't brown nose as well as some of the other people. I don't even want to imagine what was going on a couple times a week with that one totally incompetent receptionist that couldn't get a simple message right.

I could go on but the thought of that terrible job experience is just too much to take. I was fired after seven years because of the stupid mistakes other people made.

I was the one who wasn't working out in the office.

OMG

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

My boss(es) are not anal they're just plain assholes.

JB (name and location witheld).....I may be dumb but I'm not stupid

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Start a new thread "How anal are your employees".

Try learning how to spell "urin" before you use it.

Don

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'm sure all my employees love and cherish me.

17. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

Remember that "boss" spelled backwards is double sob. Larry

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

One of the first things I learned when I joined the workforce is "don't judge a company by its foreman". I've worked for good companys with very lousy foreman and bad companys with some good foreman.

19. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

My boss wants all the deer gone on his 70 acre estate. Ask's me everyday day " How many did we get"
    dougbbbb_2010_160632.jpg

20. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Before I had my own business..(hope my employees are not posting too much here!).. I worked in corporate USA. One of the companies I worked for used the "Monkey Management" theory. The Boss Monkey sat on the top limb of the corporate tree and looked down on all the smiling middle management and worker monkeys sitting on the branches below...all the worker monkeys looked up at the management monkeys above and saw nothing but monkey A$$ h*les! Needless to say my tenure there was not long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.