1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) Home Depot employee fired over a button

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by short shucker, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Check this video out. You won't believe it.

ss

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NO room for God these days. This is the time of the ME generation.

If you go to the comments under the video one has a link so you can piss on their leg.

HM

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

He is another religous zealot!

He deserved to be fired! If you are told not to wear something, because it is company policy...and...you decide to do it anyhow...don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way to the unemploymnet office!

The woods are full of lawyers looking to start a lawsuit overan "offensive" button...all they have to so in this case is find an aethist!

4. Hollywood Marine

Hollywood Marine TS Member

I have shed blood and would again for the principle being violated here. This is America, where we are gauranteed the freedom to express ourselves. The fact that I am in agreement with this man has nothing to do with my willingness to stand up for his freedom of speech. I am an American! I think I,ll do my shopping at Loewes from now on.
    Doug Humble

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Doug I agree with your affirmation of our right to freedom of speech. Thank you for your sacrifice to perpetuate it.

Don't you think it a bit ironic however that the very services we both served in to protect our freedoms deemed the wearing of similar baubles against regs? We were also not allowed to openly criticize our senior officers. Hell they even have "outlawed" tattoos!

Serving in the military is not the same as working at a hardware store; however, don't both institutions have a right to dictate how they want their employees to behave and look?

Guy Babin

6. zinger

zinger Member

Ahab, that might be all well and good if it was the first time he wore the button, but it wasn't. He has worn that same button for over a year before one a**hole decided they didn't like it. I say BullSh*t to Home Depot and shame on them! I'll kindly do my shopping at Lowes, thank you.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I wonder how many here that have vowed never to shop at HD again would take the same vow if the button in question said "Gays & Lesbians Forever"?

Eric

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Life is not fair!

Some work places are not fair.

You cannot fix stupid.

Get a life and move on. There are more important things that need tending to!

Curt

9. zinger

zinger Member

Well, hmmmmmm....I just looked at every single bill in my back pocket and you wouldn't believe what's written on it!!! "IN GOD WE TRUST"? Right on the back!Wonder how all those without a life can get through it using those religious dollar bills? I can't stand hypocrites.

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It is funny where we have come isn't it. A company firing someone over a little button. Large corporations scared of lawyers watching their every move. This is what happens when the government gets involved in every aspect of our lives. I would like to see freedom return but it won't happen. Government is like a bad cancer that grows and grows and grows spreading destruction in it's wake. IF we lived in a free country then any private company could hire anyone that wanted, fire anyone they wanted, pay them what they wanted and promote anyone they wanted. Same thing when you are selling private property. But we all know we are way past that point. The government decides everything now and our freedom is a joke. There is very little left of the free country we once had. We are fighting for scraps of freedoms now. The government represents the lions over the kill, we are the vultures. America is the corpse.

11. zinger

zinger Member

Amen to that Highflyer!...whoops, didn't mean to offend anyone!

12. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I was thinking the same thing mixer. I wonder how many people would be defending Mr Button if he was wearing a message they found offensive.

God damn I hate religious people. Biggest buncha trouble makers and hypocrits there are.

~Michael

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Lowe's has the exact same policy, so go shop someplace else besides there or Home Depot ... The little neighborhood Mom and Pop place would love your business if you can afford their prices ... I'll bet the same exact people who say they are done with Home Depot will be shopping there or Lowes the next time they need anything thats available at those stores ... I see people all the time at WalMart who swear on here that they will never, ever shop at WalMart again no matter what ... lol ... Nothing like standing by ones convictions ... If you say it, mean it at all cost and cut the crap ... They will never know you are gone, so thats how much impact you will have ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

So funny. Blaming religious people for the freedom we are all losing. Our freedoms came out of our religion. But religion has no power in America today. Don't you anti-religion fools find it odd that as religion loses power we lose freedom. An immoral people can't handle freedom. They self-destruct. They turn to government to be their God. Those that hate religion on the left are the very people taking away our freedom. You couldn't be more wrong. Your thinking is backwards. Communist always oppress religion and freedom. Communists are nothing but big government leftists. You are blinded in your hatred of Christianity. Blinded by a dark power you don't even believe in. Ironic isn't it.

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

John Lennon was a fool. I find the words to his song "Imagine" horrifying. A life without any meaning. Existing for nothing. I do agree with part of what you say though. People that force you to join their movement are to be hated. I hate being forced to support the left's agenda in this country. Being forced by the left to give up my money and my freedom. But you can't oppose them. If you oppose the left you go to jail. Just try to keep your money from them or run your business or your property the way you want. You will end up in jail if you do. I just heard today of new hate crime legislation. If a leftist is killed you have to add on extra punishment. They think they are worth more than anyone else.

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Many separate God from organized religion. Many don't

Guy B.

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You can do whatever you want and express yourself however you want on your own time. While employed you present yourself in conformance with company policy. If you don't want to comply you are FREE to seek employment elsewhere.

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I agree. I wouldn't want to work with a company that had a problem with God and country. They made the right decision since they do have a problem with expressing God and country on the same button, he made the right decision leaving and looking for a job elsewhere. It is like when my wife and I leave a store at Christmas time if their employees are not allowed to say Merry Christmas. They don't have any problem making money from a Christian holiday, just don't dare acknowledge it verbally. I wish that same freedom extended to all government interference with business and private property. The left can dish it out but can't take it. They are great at professing a love of freedom while stripping you of yours with the power of the federal government and the courts backing them up.

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Home Depot don't have a problem excepting money that says "in god we trust"

20. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

No EE, I refuse to say the pledge, because I don't believe we are under God, that this country is indivisable, or that obedience to the State is a virtue.

And Highflyer, I don't hate just Christians. I'm equal oppurtunity and hate Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, etc too. I hate any nut that believes in a magical spook and feels the need to share that irrational belief with others by knocking on their door, or wearing a pin. And I really hate when those same nuts think God, religion, patriotism, and politics all go together.

~Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.