1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-Hi Point 995 Carbine

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nokick, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nokick

nokick TS Member

Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the Hi Point brand of carbines? I am considering picking one up for kicks, and would like opinions since it is so "affordable".

Thanks!

Kevin Sheff

2. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

I purchsed a brand new high point carbine 9mm about 2 years ago, i loaded the clip and it jammed every time i pulled the trigger. I sold it within a week. I guess you get what you pay for. My opinion spend a little more money and get a Beretta CX4 Storm, i purchased one of those and love it.

3. nokick

nokick TS Member

Thanks! Seems it meets the expectations for the price.

Appreciate the info.

Kevin

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

The KelTec sub2000 has been a fun little carbine. It uses the same mags as my Glock and rarely jams even when unloading high cap mags (30+). Long trigger pull and fits short arms better than long arms. It is fun to wait until every pistol is silent and then pull out the sub carbine and smash every remaining target. Just my giggles. IMHO Omaha

5. blooch

blooch Member

Got one for my wife to carry in her truck several years ago. Shooting nothing but corbon 9mm, it has never failed in any way. Lots of officers carry them around here as backups in their patrol cars. We kept the one we have laying in the floor in a truck for a year or two, loaded, and picked it up to shoot a varmint, worked just fine, filthy. Can't say that they are a bad deal from my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.