1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

OT: Hi Ho Silver!...Custom Made Double Holster Rig

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by train222, Jul 1, 2012.

1. train222

train222 Active Member

Hi All,

It's 100 degrees outside (in the shade) so I am inside the house trying to stay cool and amuse myself..

I thought you might like to take a look and this custom hand made and tooled double holster rig that was made for me several years ago.

I had it made in Mexico.....

It has 35 bullet loops, so you can just imagine what size it is.

I'm not saying how big it really is, but I have lost a great deal of wieght since this pistol rig was made and does not fit me any more.

Thank Goodness!

It sports 35 of my Silver Plated custom dummy rounds in 45 Long Colt.

The pistols are a pristine matching pair of Hahn 45's.

These are .177 BB, CO2 pistols that where made in the early 50's.

It really looks nice out on display along with the other Hahn pistol rigs in my collection.

Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoy having them in my collection...

You can see my entire collection on my web site...

http://www.mrgunsplace.com/

Thanks for looking and STAY COOL!

Please check out my web site and let me know what you think about my collection......

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a gun belt I bought down in Algadones, Mexico ... The asking price was $180.00 and I ended up buying it for $30.00 (couldn't buy the leather in the states for what I paid for the thing completed ) ... Its only got one holster and is stained one color, not two but is all hand tooled and lined, beautiful piece of work ... I keep a 45 Long Colt in it right by my front door ... I actually have two of them, one is black and the other is brown ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hi Stu,

Whew I feel a lot better now last time I was over and saw the chaps and bull whip....well I just wasant sure there buddy........ JUST ribbing a friend here Stu is a great guy and very honest

Jim Z
  4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

This rig was made by Dennis Yoder from Hamburg,Pa. for me several years ago, you can leave the guns in it without any damage. The leather is tanned the old fashion way with oak bark at a tannery in Pa.
    [​IMG]
  5. stokinpls

stokinpls Active Member

I have a table and chairs like that. ;-)
  6. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

I also have a Hahn gun like that.
    Rick
  7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That makes 3 of us with a table and chairs like that ... Good taste ... Next time I go to Mexico I can pick up a few gun belts if anyone is interested ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  8. train222

train222 Active Member

Toolmaker251,

I have seen Dennis's work before. He is really one of the premier leather workers around. I know his stuff is not cheap. but it is well worth it especially if you are truley into Cowboy Shooting....

Bazooka Joe

The hahn 45's are probaly one of the most sought after 45 colt stlye BB guns that where ever made. They have the same feel and wieght of the real Colt 45's. There where cowboy style shooting competions held all over the country, back in the early 50's, when these guns where made. I have several Hahn 45's and other Crosman 45 Style guns in my collection. But the Hahn 45's are my favorite!...No airgun manufacture has produced a model like this since the 50's. Except for Daisy who offered the Daisy Model 179 Spitin' Image. This was a spring action pistol. not CO2...

WPT,

Nice looking holster rig's. Defintley would be interested in geeting some more rigs, next time you go to mexico...Let me know...

Thanks All,

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
  9. hardrite

hardrite Member

Here's one
    [​IMG]
  10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have had several people request that I inform them the next time I am heading for Mexico, I will have to inquire and find out how many gun belts I can bring back across the border at one time ... I am going to E Mail the vendor down there and see if they can be sent back here by them in quanity ... I think you can get them without stain on them if anyone cares to mess with that ... I will keep everyone posted via TS.Com or PM's ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  11. train222

train222 Active Member

Hardrite

Nice Rig!

Thanks for sharing....

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
  12. 19539trap

19539trap Member

Lone Ranger in 1950 was John Hart. I have his holster it is a 22 cal.
  13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

TOOLMAKER is that Barney Fifes rig? Andy only allowed Barney one bullet.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  14. Tedky

Tedky Member

This is set agood buddy maded for me in the '80's two ruger 3 screw conv, using the 22 mags
  15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Do they make any that will fit a Schofield?
  16. train222

train222 Active Member

Brian,

I am sure yiou can have a holster rig made for your Schofield..

Stu
  17. train222

train222 Active Member