1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Help tracking a TS.COM seller, non-delivery !!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Prodigy has a post today. Put his name in the search block.He has a Rem. 3200 for sale. Asking price is $1100. Mike

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Have you even considered contacting the Walla Walla Washington police department and see if you might be able to find a sympathetic detective who may stop out and have a short visit with the man about the situation?

Do you need a phone number for the Walla Walla police department?

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Robert is not an ATA shooter. Doesn't look good!!

4. turmite

turmite Member

I just did a reverse look up and there are two people that live at that address, one of which is your guy. Here is the link to the look up.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/ReverseAddress?street=2344+Rainier+Dr&city_zip=Walla+Walla%2C&state_id=WA&localtime=survey

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

To escalate farther will most likely cost you money to take a trip to Walla Walla Washington and take care of the situation.

Good luck in trying to recover your money but you might consider it now as an expensive lesson learned on financial transactions with unknown and non-researched people on the internet.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sportshot, a much overlooked source for the resolution of your problem is the postmaster at the post office that you mailed it from. It is possible that it would be considered mail fraud and the Postmaster has an obligation to follow up. Take your cancelled check if you go this route. Mike

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I would escalate by calling the police.

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

SPORTSHOT I can only say I can feel your pain . After alot of good deals on this site I to got bitten by a guy in Florida . It will work out you sent him an FFL did,t you ?

ALF

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Have you considered calling Laib and asking them for a little help? The gun was worked on by them so they at least have serial #, who sent it to them and who they sent it back to as well. It may be nothing at all but it may also be valuable information.

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Alf-99 ... maybe I am missing something but what does sending him an FFL for delivery have to do with anything?

If the guy wont send it then the guy wont send it whether its to an FFL or not and if for some reason there was no FFL involved than SportShot is far to smart and would have never sent the money to him.

To be blunt and short Sportshot - contact both yours and the Walla Walla Police and see if they can do anything or what they suggest you do. Contact both yours and the Walla Walla postmaster and see if they can do anything or what they suggest.

Anything more than that will cost you more money unless there is somebody on TS.com from Walla Walla who wants to get involved into your problem and actually go to the house and knock on the door but then that person may be taking his life into yours or the thiefs hands and possibly also be getting into the middle of something that he does not need to be in the middle of.

You may want to cry a little, bang your head on the concrete a little and just realize you may have learned an expensive lesson.

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If you have an FFL involved so is the ATF . Get it now Mr.Newbius .

ALF

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Prodigy has been posting this weekend. He may not have read this one.

Start a thread with his name on it...he should see it and respond. Then everyone from ts.com can follow it and decide whether or not they ever want to do future business with him.

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Alf ... only when it begins to be processed and until it begins to be processed it does not yet involve the ATF. Providing an FFL dealer to send it to does not constitute the beginning of the process that would involve the ATF.

Does that make sense ALF?

14. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Sportshot - at least your financial institution should refund the fees and such you paid for the stop payment since they should have already seen it had been cashed and if not your getting burned by them as well.

Please provide your address and I will send you some burn ointment cause your beginning to get a few pretty bad burns now.

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the BUYING GUNS ON THIS SITE deal - I think it was a Perazzi MX-15 or something like that.

16. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Sportshot Did you send the seller a FFL as per (the law) . If so now you or your FFL holder has an FFL OUT and the ATF should be told this .

ALF

17. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I agree with Mengwe, if you sent the check via U.S.Postal Service, mail fraud could be in order. 20years in prison for cashing the check and not rendering services. Wayne

18. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Sportshot,

I know of this fellow (Robert Percifield)...last I knew he worked for the Walla Walla Penitentiary. I would start there and try and get ahold of his employer. I live about 45 miles West of Walla Walla.

Good Luck,

John Stephens

xxxjohn@watrap.comXXX remove the x's

19. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Also,

Here is his Father's phone number....he lives here in town. 509-582-9103

Hope this helps.

20. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I had the same experience with a fellow from Texas,my FFL provider contacted the ATF,they gave the guy a visit and I recieved my purchase a couple days later UPS next day.They apparently gave him a couple options and sending my firearm ASAP was the most desirable option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.