1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Help on Typing OT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trim tab, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Should be a key on your keyboard that says "INSERT". Press it and should be good to go. If not, let me know.

GOOD SHOOTIN

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<center>[​IMG]</img></center>
    Strike key ONCE. Nothing apparent will happen, but the problem will be corrected.

Morgan

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Good grief,are you guys idiots? Of course he knows what "insert" does, but did you try it to see if it works in this message box?

Rick, someone may know, but I couldn't figure out on my computer why that would happen.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'd like to apologize. I'm in a lousy mood because it's Sunday night and I'm doing tax returns. The insert key doesn't do anything on my computer when I'm typing messages here, so I thought it was a different problem.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

any on line typeing classes?

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Insert your cursor between the words and press return

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

All we Mac users are now asking ourselves "Are these guys kidding? There really is an "insert" key? Why can't they just type?"

Neil

8. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm with Neil, nearly went blind looking for my insert key....Bob Dodd

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Cap'n, while the Wikipedia citation does indeed state:

"On Apple Macintosh computers, the key is rebranded into a Help key. When pressed, the Help functionality of the application in use will be launched. However, when using command line applications, it retains its original functionality for compatibility reasons. On the latest keyboards from Apple it has been replaced by a Fn key."

any Mac user will tell you that this is the craziest thing they have ever read. We're supposed to

1) old version: ask for help when we want to change text?

2) new version: push some "fn" key, which if the writer of this nonsense had ever actually looked _does not exist_ to edit text? You are kidding me!

We just type. In our opinion, if you can't simply do that, you should dump your box off at resource recovery and get an OS that works.

Neil

11. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"We just type. In our opinion, if you can't simply do that, you should dump your box off at resource recovery and get an OS that works."

Neil, if incredible and diverse functionality wasn't one of the hallmarks of our operating system, the manufacturer would not be able to justify the expense of producing and continuously updating it. That would be contrary to every tenet of capitalism, now wouldn't it!

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.