1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Help needed for AngelsPlace OT

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    In case any of you in the general Pittsburgh PA area (or anywhere else too!) are interested in helping, my daughter is working as a long term service project at Angels Place in Pittsburgh. It is a day care and family support program to help Low Income Single Parent children whose parent is attending college full time in order to better their chances to be able to support their child by getting a degree and thus better paying employment post college.

They are participating in a Highmark Walk for Health Community fund raiser to support Angels Place. Here is a link to the message my daughter asked me to pass on the as many people as care to listen or see and the organizations web page. Link to Click Here Angels Place

"Hello all!

The Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community is coming up very soon (Sat. May 22)! This is one of the main fund raising sources for Angels' Place (the nonprofit childcare center where I teach). We are one of 59 nonprofit organizations participating in the Walk, where individuals collect money via sponsors to participate in a 5k. All of the money that the Angels' Place team members raise will go directly toward our operating expenses, allowing us to continue providing high quality early childhood education to children of single, low-income, full-time student parents while they attend class.

Please sponsor me to participate in the 5k, however much you are able. To us, every dollar counts, we need lots of help to keep our three Pittsburgh centers in operation.

Check out my website for this event. You can make a pledge to sponsor me here and link to more information about Angels' Place and the Highmark Walk.

Sponser Me Link

How to make a pledge (PayPal or check) online.

1. Click "Sponsor Me" in browser.
    2. Click to Make a Pledge.
    3. Follow directions.

How to make a pledge in person.

1. Cash or check made out to "Angels' Place, Inc." Give to me by May 22.
    Address:2615 Norwood Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15214

Ph 412.321.4447

Thank you very much,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.