1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot - Hell's Angels/biker movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Went to the gun club today. Nobody was shooting because of the weather, so we were all sitting around the clubhouse bsing. We got around to discussing what was has been on the ” trapshooters.com” discussion group.

Somebody mentioned the motorcycle thread. Everybody recalled the bikes they owned. Then we got to talking about all the motorcycle/Hell’s Angel movies made in the 60s and early 70s. The local drive in would play those cheap B movies all night long. I really got a kick out of em.

Does anybody else remember any of em? I remember “Hot Chrome and Leather”, “Hell’s Angels 69”, The Billy Jack movies. There had to be a lot more, just can’t remember the names.

I also remember a movie called “Hell’s Angels Invade Las Vegas” but I believe it was the same movie as “Hell’s Angels 69”. I think they just released the film a year later and renamed it.

Anymore?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The people who made those movies, and to some extent the people who enjoyed them, Destrayed what may have been a better racing career than I was allowed to have.

Wannabe childish idiots threw some beer glasses through a bar window, and newspapers delighted in reporting such stupidity. Promotors cancelled races in droves. What had once been a Vibrant, exciting motorsport was reduced to rubble and criticized by all the unknowing. (Kind of like gun ownership)

In Wisconsin we went from 26 Pro events one year to 13 the next and 6 the next.

I was forced economically to cease racing because I could not afford the 1200 mile trips necessary to race.

I regretfully sent my Card in to Johnny Schmitz, the District Ref with an explanation.

Yes, I remember the movies well. Sometimes with anger, sometimes with sadness.

HM

3. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Those biker exploitation movies caused a lot of grief for us law abiding road riders, too. If you had long hair, beard, and a leather jacket, you were harrassed by any cop that had an axe to grind.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I remember a Biker movie call Wild Angels. Seems to me it stared Peter Fonda, Nancy Sinatra, and Bruce Dern.

Bob Lawless

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Nashville had a Harley Task Force that was fun to deal with. They would pull you over take pictures of your scooter and any distinguishing marks. Malcom had a tattoo of a bole weevil on his manhood ( don't ask me I wasn't there and I'm sure he was drunk and he was a sailor), I about got down when this little prissy metro officer asked to see his distinguishing marks and he pulled it out and said take a picture of this. Needless to say we were not there for long. Her face was still red when we left of course no remarks were made LOL

6. Ibex

Ibex TS Member

I don't remember much on the names... but you could always count on seeing boobs, which was extremely important to me & my peer group of slavering young fellows at the time.

Mike

7. Juno

Juno TS Member

seeing boobs, hahaha. Ok Mike.

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Nashville went waayyyy over the top with their unit. When I lived there, they ran a "Gang Intellingence Squad". I was interviewed a few times by them. You didn't have to violate any laws..just be on a Harley Davidson and you got pulled over. One time they interviewed me...I wasn't even riding. Just sitting on the curb at a gas station. Next thing I know, there's three patrol cars pulling in around me. Sheeesh... They had a pre-printed questionaire they would use after they got your I.D. and bike papers. One of the best was when the officer got to the question re: "nicknames"...this guy asks: "What's your nickname...what do they call you?"..
    I politely responded: "In my office they call me Mr. Steele". He was somewhat taken back. I asked for permission to reach for my wallet, and offered my business card. All this B.S. coming from one of the most corrupt departments, in the most corrpupt state I've ever lived in..!! Hope things are better there now...

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

First of all, "The Wild One" with Brando. Lousy acting, some big names hidden in the crowd of extras, including the great Lee Marvin. As mentioned, "Wild Angels", then lately we've had some others with the totally untalented actor/football player Brian Bosworth.

"The Renegade" on TV for a year or two with Lorenzo Lamas and his third or fourth wife Kathleen Kinmont wasn't too bad.

None did anything good for the biker image.

Of course, not about gangs, but with a strong Harley presence, the classic "Easy Rider".

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I am sure the worst one may have been, "'Nam Angels" . I believe it was about a cycle gang that went to Nam to fight the VC and NVA as a group, They took their Harleys, only by the time the got through customs they had turned into dirt bikes. LOL.

I say "I believe" because we didn't watch more than 10 minutes of it before we left.

11. rd

rd TS Member

Best line in a biker movie- by Peter Fonda in "WILD ANGELS" after the bikers had wrecked the church, terrorized the preacher, and propped up the corpse of the biker whose funeral they were "attending" and put a cigarette in his mouth- "We just want to be free to ride our machines and not get hassled by the man!"

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

"Mini skirt mob". Horribly bad in a funny way.

13. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

Did you know Marlon Brando did not ride a Harley in " The Wild Ones" ?. Take a look. The trophy he won is on the handlebars of a Triumph.
    Rich Larsen

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I remember seeing some of those at the drive-in theatre...between my mommy taking me for trips to the restroom to go poopie

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1952 Triumph Thunderbird, to be exact. No rear shocks, but a sprung hub suspension. 1954 brought in swingarms.

Lee Marvin rode a bobbed pan head. I liked his character.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.