1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT -- Hand Shake

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GordonWood421, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Which is the proper hand to offer when meeting a man that has a bad right hand and offers his left ? I usually extend both of my hands anddo a "double clasp" - - is this being - - - insensitive ? Would it be better to extend only my left - - - or to do a flip with my right hand ?

One thing my father never thought to teach me .

Your thoughts will be appreciated .
    Charlie

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If someone offers me the 'wrong hand", I simply use my "wrong hand" too. No big deal.

At least we aren't still shaking deals to seal contracts like they did in ancient biblical times. The men would reach under each others outfit and gently hold the other man's scrotum. Hmmm, awkward.

3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

yes match hand for hand and no one feels akward.
    Jim

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Hand shaking is out, due to the flu. Bumping knucles is back in. Makes it easy.

5. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

As said, I would immediately without hesitation extend same hand and be apparent that it was not awkward to do so.

Brian, I still seal many contracts each year via handshake. Of course it takes two individuals who understand the meaning of such. Those that don't, the paper kind is meaningless as well!!

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Brian is right-on.

-Gary

PS: Since there are apparently still a few people who didn't get the memo five years ago -- bumping knuckles when meeting strangers is the universal code for "I'm a douchebag."

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

Gary - Good one! Most of the knuckle bumpers are wearing those "I want to be your bit** " hang down pants too. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.