1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Had Enough Change Yet?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From Josh Painter on Redstate.com:

"When the Democrats took over control of Congress in the election of 2006, consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2-year high, regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon and the unemployment rate was 4.5 percent.

Since the Democrats took over, consumer confidence is down, gasoline has soared to $4.00 a gallon and the unemployment rate, as we learned this morning, has climbed to 5.5 percent.

Mutual and stock fund losses now total in the trillions, and an increasing number of home mortgages are in foreclosure.

Meanwhile, Democrats continue to block homegrown efforts to drill for domestic oil, build new refineries, produce more clean-burning natural gas, increase our use of atomic energy and fully exploit our coal resources, including making motor fuel from coal. The United States will never become energy independent until we are allowed to develop the many sources of energy which are our own.

The voters opted for change in 2006, and the Democrats certainly gave it to them. Now Barack Obama and his band of merry pranksters that is the Democrat Party want voters to approve even more "change" in 2008. I don't think our economy can stand it - do you?"

AND, no one can name one positive thing that the Deomcrats have done since they took over.

2. David Knapp

David Knapp TS Member

Jbrooks

You are not blaming Democrats for the housing collapse, and the national debt going from approx 3 trillion to 7.5 trillion when GWB leaves office are you?

There is a refinery 15 miles from house, it has doubled in size the last 5 years. Refineries are running at less than 90% capacity. Refinery companies are not building new refineries because they don't need to. The other reason is refining margins, in other words return on investment is very low in that line of business historically. 2007 was the exception. 2008 is turning out very bad for refiners.

The current run up of oil prices has nothing to do with supply. Futures market trading rules and margins where changed right after the secret cheney energy policy meetings. GWB will not release the minutes of that meeting as a matter of fact they fought all the way to the US Supreme Court to keep the meeting minutes private. You draw your own conclusion.

The current situation with crude oil reminds me much of the ENRON scandal in California. As a matter of Fact Enron was responsible for the Change in Commodities Futures rules that allow the current bullshit that is going on in the oil markets
    The oil bubble is going to pop sooner or later.

David Knapp

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its a sad state of affairs, We elect these people to run the country and uphold the Constitution. All they do is line their pockets and throw mud at each other. And I dont think they understand the bill of rights either. Were in for a long ride on a gravel road..

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

They both do fairly much the same thing...just appeal to different groups of voters in getting (and keeping) themselves there.

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Want to know about gas read this.

http://www.rense.com/general69/noncrisis.htm

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh, yeah, sure, blame Bush but let the Democrats, in charge of congress, who create and write the laws, with the power to investigate, off the hook.<br>

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

No David, I am blaming them for what has taken place in the last 2 years. They have done nothing about everything. They could have passed all sorts of laws but have done nothing. They haven't even done anything about Iraq even though that's what they promised all the loonies that elected them.

You get a couple of morons like Reid and Pelosi, what do you expect?

8. David Knapp

David Knapp TS Member

Brian in Oregon

The Democrats are just as guilty if not more.

I try not to be to much of a Fatalist, but this country is in serious financial shape and nobody is home to fix it. I firmly believe Tax cuts along with some serious cutting of the Fed Budget is what it is going to take. When I say cutting of Fed Budget, I mean no Dept is safe. The big ones are Agriculture, Military, and Social Services. Every one of those Federal dept have someone very powerful protecting their budgets.

Somebody in DC is going to have to stand up and say enough is enough. We have to stop spending and borrowing our way to oblivion.

Sorry for the Rant.

David Knapp

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

this is the 1st time democrats have controlled congress in a long time & you boys want to blame them for the shape this country got itself into.you all blam clinton for nafta but i believe there was a republican run congess at the time. there was a republican run congress went on a spending spree in idiot boy,s 1st term as president approving a war on his & cheney,s lies .somebody ,sometime has got to pay for their spendind spree.. i would like to know what generation they plan on passing this bill to. dwain

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Both party's are guilty! It's no wonder they do everything they can to hinder another political party, not enough to go around then maybe. We do need some change, not the kind they have planned for us I'm afraid.

My dad always said politicians were as crooked as a barrel of fish hooks, todays politicians are as crooked as a barrel of cork screws!! Hap

11. rwm12

rwm12 Member

I heard the other day the CSX Railroad System is possibaly going to be taken over by foreign investors. What Next?

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Tax cuts stimulate business growth and thats what the country runs on, not tax revenue. The problem as Dave said is uncontrolled spending. As bad as the republicans have been for the 6 years, they controlled congress, the democrats proposals were for much more spending. We have never really whipped the war on poverty that Lyndon Johnson undertook 45 years ago. Charles Barkly said something a while back like "poor people have been voting for democrats for 50 years and they are still poor". WElfare should be availiable short term to help people out of a hole, not become a way of life. AND not to let corporate and large family farms build wealth on the welfare system, but thats what is going on.

13. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

dbc61451 dwain said;

"there was a republican run congress went on a spending spree".

I agree 100%. It was unconscionable, but apparently you missed reading all about the latest proposed budget from the liberal controlled congress. The headlines read, "PORK LIVES"!!

You also said;

"this is the 1st time democrats have controlled congress in a long time & you boys want to blame them for the shape this country got itself into."

And you think dumbocrats are going to fix anything?? LMAO. What a joke!! The "lies" were told by the liberals in office now. Also, considering the fact that one of the first things the dumbocrats did was to author a further reach Assault Weapons ban that could by wording, include some other common semi-auto's, I trust NOTHING about a liberal controlled congress. Nothing.

The "most liberal" candidate they have now nominated has shown to say anything to appease the the undecideds. His list of truth stretching, misleading, and some out right lies is getting longer. Very very long.

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Is there any truth to War strengths a country and it's economy. I believe that has proven true for the US in the past. Jackie B.

15. george vogel

george vogel TS Member

Why don't you take your political BS somewhere else, If you want to see something, watch HBO film on Haliburton Genius. Your tax dollars at WORK.

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

The Dems. and the Reps. are all in the same bag. When are the people going to figure this out. What the hell do you think Clinton and Bush was doing together on a rosey tour with our tax dollars. Hell yes they were securing their future in the One World Order. He told youl dumbasses this years ago just before Hellary held up her preposed health insurance card and everything was going to be great. Thats what the greedy public thought anyway and turned their heads to a blinds eye when they re-elected that stupid SOB Bill.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember when Krucheve said give the americans enough money and they will buy their own rope to hang themselves. Well it looks like we are starting to swing. Putin took Krucheve's advice and realized what the easiest way to defeat the US is threaten the Arabs with flooding the market with oil if they produce more to lower price. And he can do it.If the market price is lowered then the Sand camels will have their free medical care for all and free education from grade school to 8yr medical degrees go out the tube. Now we can't have that can we. So we will start selling at a very low price our food that the farmers are going to lose their ass on this year and the wealthy are going to make a killing on. On both sides of the pond. Believe me I am not a raciest but I do think Obama is a devil in sheeps clothing. I can't believe how they have outright lied about things and the public acts like nothing ever happened. Well we are in for a long hard ride if we do the right thing or a harder and longer ride of we keep turning our headsl.

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Who should we vote for then?

18. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

paladin i don,t like the democrats any better than you. i darn sure don,t like republicans either, but it gets old that the republicans on here give the democrats so much hell but never say anything about the ones they elect as there representavis. i think bush & cheney should stand trial for the lies & deceit they told this country. 4,000 plus of our young men & women dead so the oil & defense contractors can line their pockets. i never from day one believed anything bush said about iraq. bush & cheney are scumbags. have always been scumbags & will always be scumbags. the clintons are no better. in my opinion reagan was no more than a mouthpiece for bush sr. the bushs have controlled the whitehouse for 20 out of the last 28 years. very very few people have ever prospered more than when there was a republican congress & a democrat pres{clinton} ever. i don,t like obama nor mccain. but i guess i am in the minority. as they were nominated. the oil & transportation industries were deregulated during reagans years. if deregulation was so great why didn,t reagan deregulate the screen actors guild & the writers guild. i think mainly because it wasn,t reagans idea to deregulate anything. it was bush,s. how come no republicans ever mention one of their finest?what was his name???? oh yeah dan quayle.. surely the republicans are so proud of him.. one other thing.i would like you or anyone else to tell me one thing that bush has done for gun owners. please don,t tell me about anything the democrats want to do. please don,t tell me what bush didn,t do. just tell me one thing he did do to benefit you & me as gun owners. have a great day. dwain

19. spritc

spritc Active Member

I'm sure you all know this, but I'm going to state it anyway. If you have standing armed services in Germany, Korea, Guam, San Diego, Kentucky, Georgia, Irag and Afganistan along with many other places in the world and the USA you are going to have a military budget. The Dumocrats want you to believe this entire military budget is for Iraq and Afganistan. It is not! It is part of the expense because we have men and women on the ground and collateral there as well. If those same soldiers were stationed in Japan we'd still have to pay them. Some of you are going to say well they shouldn't be there because they are in the Reserves or National Guard. Well guess what, if that dumbass Clinton hadn't reduced our armed services to almost half of what they should be, we wouldn't have the Guard and Reserves in this fight.

I believe you have a right to your opinion, but when your opinion gets in the way of the truth, you are going to get nailed. The Dumocrats have some of you believing our lives are going to be better when Osama Husein Obama takes office and I guarantee you this, our taxes are going to be raised and government pork spending will be greater than when Clinton was in office. When Osama talks about health insurance for all, who do think is going to pay for it, we are. The government has no money of their own, it is our money they spend. For every new program that is created out taxes will rise proportionately. There will never be something for nothing. I say to you Dumocrats and Independants that are planning to vote for Osama, you may want to rethink it before it's too late. We all know when the Dumocrats have control of the Senate, Congress and the White House, our gun rights will suffer. It is only a matter of time. They can only control our lives if we can't protect ourselves from them and we certainly can't do that if we don't have guns. Sorry for the rant but I can't believe some of you dumbassocrats.

Steve

20. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

isn,t it amazing how many republicans can,t spell democrat??????? & they call themselves intelligent believing there opinion is the first & foremost on anything political. perhaps some of them should do a self analysis. how they never want taxes raised but have no answers how to pay for anything. just keep spending. i don,t like democrats or republicans. dwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.