1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-H&K Model 4 semi-auto pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nspktr1, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Going through some more of my Dad's things I have found this handgun. Cute little thing. Has four barrels for .380, .32 ACP, .25 Beretta, and Win. 22LR, along with four clips. The original box and papers are with it including the test target(all in German). I know nothing about handguns or where to look for values. Can anyone give me an idea for value???

2. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

3. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Thanks MX-8B, Gun is still sealed in plastic bag and all barrels are full of grease and in little sealed plastic cylinders, so it has never been fired. Guess I'll clean it up and give myself an early Christmas present!

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

They're nice guns. Well made and I like the HK-4 better than the modern HKs that cost a month's mortgage.

The "4" was really a modernized "Mauser HSc" with the caliber changing kit you mentioned. Popular in parts of Europe where, until recently you were limited on the number of guns you could own, the caliber chaning kits were a boon.

The gun had little appeal in the US because when it was marketed here, the rage was going to 15+ shot wondernines and it has no value in Europe anymore since citizens
    usually CAN'T own and carry handguns and the calibers have no modern day police value.

I'd make a decision on whether you want to sell it to an HK collector - since it's new and out of production for over 20 years, it may command a premium, or keep it since it was your dad's and maybe have fun shooting it. The most useful calibers for it would be the .22 and the .380. The pistol is oversized for a .25 and the .32 you will find harder to find ammo for at good prices, though the .32 ACP (or 7.65 mm Browning) is pleasingly accurate, has low recoil and believe it or not, was the preferred caliber of German police for decades prior to and after WWII; right up through the early 1980s.

5. mt

mt Member

i'd be interested if it were located in ca

6. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

I aquired another HK-4 this past weekend at a gun show. It is missing the .32ACP barrel, spring, and clip. I've searched the web and haven't been able to locate one. Does anyone know of a source or does anyone here have one?

7. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Nspktr1: Yes, I have a .32 Auto conversion kit for the HK4. Stainless with attached recoil spring, in box with one mag, instruction manual, screwdriver. I believe it's unfired, but perhaps was test-fired. I also have the box the pistol comes in. Both are # L50-407. Phil E

8. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Phil E, please e-mail me and let's talk price.

9. gotbass

gotbass Member

I have one in a presentation box with the 22 and 380 kits and some odd parts. Gun has only been fired at factory for target which is also in the box. I am in California and would listen if someone had a trade in mind. gotbassatsbcglobaldotnet drop the at and the dot Mike

10. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

11. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hk 4380 barrel kit

hk4 380 barrel for sale

hk4 380 barrel kit

hk4380barrelkits

hk4380berrelkit