1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/Gutter or Leaf Guards

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TC, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC TS Member

Getting to old to clean the gutters every week. Simple straight runs, ranch style. Don't want to spend $3,500 for a custom installation. Lots of pine needles, locust beards and leaves. Any reccomendations? Tony

2. IM390

IM390 Member

Hire the neighbors' kid....haven't found a system that actually works. Every one leaves some rotting debris in there. I did see a triangler material like a plastic resin (dish) scrubby that goes into the gutter. It looks good, but it costs $4.59/foot

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

the guards that will keep pine needles out will keep rain out best way is to do like they do in the south -- no gutters rick

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I have seen a number of homes that like Ricks1 said no gutter. Those homes has an extended roof line. The roof came out from the walls by a good 3 to 4 feet. It looked good the way they did it.

5. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I have "Gutter Helmet" installed on my gutter. I have a 10'-12' pitch metal roof. Even if it rains hard the water is caught by the gutter and I never have to clean my gutters.

ymmv

hubcap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.