1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Gracoil on high power rifle?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Has anyone ever used a Gracoil or something similar on a high power rifle? Results? Good, bad, indifferent? I'm thinking of a lightweight Winchester post '64 model 70.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have seen a countercoil on a couple of high power rifles and it was very effective- I think the hydraulic action would work with anything-

Same with a RAD

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Wireguy.....if you go to the website above, you can see pictures of one of my black powder-coated Bump-Busters on my 375 H&H Browning A-bolt. I did 2 last week for a young lady from East Texas who is on her way to Africa in hopes of snagging this year's SCI Youth Hunter of the Year award. They work exceptionally well on rifles.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

I had a Soft Touch installed in my pre-64 Winchester 70 .375 H & H. This has reduced the recoil significantly & worked very well last fall on the 9.5 foot Brown Bear taken with 1 shot near Iliamna, Alaska.
    Will use it in Tanzania later this year.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have two Gracoils sitting around so I think I will do it. I'll let you know how it works out. wireguy

6. corkey\rufus

corkey\rufus TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.