1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Gore-tex boots fixes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by len loma, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

Went hunting out west years ago wearing some nice Gore-tex lined boots. When I went hunting in a marshy area back at home and found they leaked. Remembered I was getting needles in my feet from small catcus plants. I assume the punched holes in membrane. I did buy some new heavy leather gore-tex boots to replace them. Other then leaking they are in excellent shape. Anybody have a home remedy?

thanks

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Goretex breaks down with time anyway. Buy some goretex socks.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Danner warrants their boots- what brand are they?

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. len loma

len loma TS Member

They were made by Vasque. They really are a very light, durable and comfortable boot. I think Red Wing Shoes own them. I bought some Irish Setters which have some simular construction and I also believe is owned by Red Wing. Thanks for the Gore-tex socks suggestion. That certainly makes sense. If someone came up with a spray sealant they certainly would have a very marketable product.

Len

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a can of spray waterproofing you should try, bought at K-Mart. sure works good on regular shoes.

HM

6. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Silicone spray is what I use twice a year on my goretex/leather boots...no leaks. Any brand should do, the one I use is by Herman Survivors called "Water Proofer".

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

the problem with any spray or sealent is it defeats the goretex

goretex is to let water vapor out

if you only wore them a couple of times- return them to the manuafacturer

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I remember using a spray product designed for Gore-Tex several years ago. I used it to re-waterproof a Gor-Tex coat that let a little warer in at the seams. The stuff worked but it is all gone and I don't remember the name. I may have gotten it from REI.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.