1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) Glory Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

My son, Capt. Brad called me from Maine at 0614 this morning. He had just landed. He is home after serving 16 months in Iraq, and I feel so fortunate that he is back safe and sound.

Don't know for sure when he gets to "come home" as he has reorientation to go to first, but at least he is in the good old USofA! That's the main thing.

I want to personally thank all of you who prayed for our young men to return safe and sound. Not all of them did, and I cannot imagine what their parents are going through right now. May God be with them.

Bless all of our servicemen and women, no matter what branch or where they served.

Thank you!

One Happy Hauxfan!

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

It's great that another one of our Iowans will be back home safe. It would be nice if you brought him to the shoots when he gets home so we can thank him for his service to his country and all of us.

Jim

3. Hauxfan

I'd like to do that, Jim, but I'm sure he wants to get to know his family first.

His twins will be almost 20 months old, and he still hasn't lived with them longer than 3 weeks.

One week when they were born, one week when he came home on leave, and one week when he came home to attend my wife's funeral (his step-mom).

He has some catching up to do.

Plus I do believe he also mentioned something about conjugal something or other. lol lol

Hauxfan!

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Congrats on the safe return home! Pray for all of those who serve for us to be free!
    Rooferbob!

5. jmas

jmas TS Member

Hey, Haux!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news.

Jan

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wow...so glad to hear he is home!!! All of you must be thrilled. Hope we get to meet him one of these days.

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

That is really great news Hauxfan.

Congratulations to you for getting him back safe and sound and thanks to him for his service to our country!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NO place like home. congrats.

HM

9. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Made your day I know... Congrats...
    as a sidenote: if it was the same as when I can back in 2004, you should know that the people of BANGOR Maine should get a hero's award too..WE landed at 4:30AM and the local folks there were lined up in the airport handing out food and cokes/pepsi and a cell phone to call who ever you wanted....I'll never forget that....Grubby...

10. Hauxfan

Grubby, I have heard of the great job those volunteers are doing in Bangor.

I wish there was some way that our President or maybe the Congress would recognize what a terrific job they are doing. They deserve some kind of honor.

My hat is off to them.

Hauxfan!

11. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Great News! Please tell him how much we all appreciate his service.

12. Chuckbuster

Chuckbuster TS Member

Be proud of him Dad. WE sure are.

13. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Tell him welcome home and thanks from us as well.

14. gotbass

gotbass Member

Please convey our sincere thank you for his service. That thanks also goes to his wife and kids for their lending him. God Bless!!! Mike

15. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Glad you have your son back safe and sound.

16. larryjk

larryjk Member

I know how happy you are. The most wonderful words in the world to hear when my son was in the service were,"Hi Dad, what's up". Just hearing his voice on the telephone always made my day. I know you understand.
    Got something in my eye. Having trouble typing.

17. trap41

trap41 TS Member

God bless Capt. Brad and all the good men we have stationed overseas.

God Bless the USA.

18. Hauxfan

Thanks for all the comeback, even yours, Shootlow.

It is so nice to be able to wake up in the morning knowing that one of your loved ones is not a target. Just having him back in the good old USofA is enough for now.

Thanks everyone.........Hauxfan!

19. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Hauxfan - I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I continually pray for the safety of all our young men and women in harm's way. Please let your son know how much his service is appreciated by all of us.

hubcap

20. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Thank god he's home and safe. Isn't 16 months a little long to spend in combat zones? I hope those youngsters of his will wallow him tired for a few days. I'll bet you guys will have the grandfather of all cookouts when he finally gets there. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.