1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Glock Question "Sorry"!@#$%^^%$%$###

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

OT Glock Question

Just wondering if any of you Glocksperts out there have any experience good or bad with an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks Merry Christmas and a Happy Shooting Year. Jim W

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

OT Glock Question

I have been told by gunsmiths if you want a conversion kit for A gun ALWAYS buy that makers conversion kit. The reason is some of the off brands will do harm to the frame. Beretta makes one for their gun and so does Colt. Glock also makes one for their guns. Spend that little extra. It will be worth it in the long run.

3. ukwildcat

ukwildcat Member

OT Glock Question

Go to glockworld web site

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

OT Glock Question

Also Glocktalk. Much less Bovine Scatology (BS) than this site. LOL

5. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

OT Glock Question

I just got ahold of one of the Advantage Arms LE models about a month ago and have only had time to put about 500 rounds through it so far but here's what I've seen.
    When I followed their instructions as to what ammo to use, the conversion device operated at 100% with no failures of any kind. They don't recommned stuff like the cheap 36 gr. Federal hollow points that are prevelent at Wally Mart. I tried them on off and on and the gun would feed, fire, extract and eject but would not quite pick up the next round. this was a consistent failure any time I put that ammo in there. With other 40 gr. high speed ammo such as the Rem. Golden Bullets, it work flawlessly.
    I put very little lube on it and have shot the 500 or so rounds without cleaning it and it still runs. I would normally clean it about every 200 rounds or so but the idea was to see how long it'd go before it stopped. I'll plan on cleaning it before the next session and that's not an indicator of what someone else might experience based on different ammo choices.
    Accuracy wasn't tested very well as the two times I got to shoot it, we were on a 10 meter range and I didn't get the chance to hit the 25 yard range. In all, it was printing groups comparable to what I was able to get with my MKII Ruger with a dot scope on it.
    I tried it on a G17 frame and a new CCF stainless raceframe. The heavy race frame made it a real hoot with all that extra weight. Fit and function were the same on either frame.
    The magazine was fairly easy to load and I never used the included mag loader. The magazine seated firmly and dropped free like the new Glock mags do.
    In all, I'd buy another one without any reservations. However, as a result of a call to Advantage Arms this week, it appears they are wayyyy behind and finding a unit right now might be a chore.
    A couple of years ago I had a J.A. Ciener .22 converion kit for a Glock and while the machine work, fit and finish were first rate, there were lots of problems. I tried every .22 round I could find and after a thousand or so rounds, had never had a full magazine work in the gun. The magazine seemed to be very hard to insert in the mag well (as it a very tight fit) and nearly impossible to remove from the gun and I never did quite figure out why other than it seemed to be slightly oversized and didn't move it or out of the mag well without a great deal of force. I finally gave up and passed it to someone else that thought they could get it to work. Currently, a shooting friend has a Ciener unit for a Glock and it's pretty much like the one I had. Failures are a part of shooting in every mag full.
    I did call Ciener and express my displeasure but was told to keep shooting and it "should" finally get better. After about 1K of mostly single shot fire, I'd had enough. They are not a helpful company and had no desire to stand behind their stuff when I called back a second time and related my problems. I was basically told that if the unit will fire when you pull the trigger, it's considered a working unit.
    I currently have a Ciener 1911 unit that works very well and is very accurate so I felt like my opinion on the Glock unit was a fair assessment.
    By the way, Glock does not manufacture a .22 rimfire conversion for their guns so it's either Advantage Arms or the Ciener.
    My experiences and opinions, worth every penney you had to pay for them.

6. SirMissalott

OT Glock Question

Thanks to all for the replies. Mallidfilmore, MUCH thanks you were very helpful I was told by a friend almost the same info so there must be something to it!!

7. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

OT Glock Question

Glad to pass along what I've seen so far. I must have been in a bit of a hurry based on all the mistakes I saw later. Will try to post any further results as time permits me to use the conversion unit. Also have a Marvel unit for my STI's on the way and will try to do the same on it.

8. SirMissalott

OT Glock Question

Thanks much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.