1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Ghost Hunters question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Way off topic but I thought it might be fun to explore this. We have all watched Ghost Hunters. It is pretty obvious that at times they are contacting something that can think and to some extent interact with the 3 dimensional realm we are in. What are they dealing with?

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

pot,,,,

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The fact that those two guys work full time as Roto-Rooter plumbers attests to the public demand and monetary payoff of being a "ghost-hunter".

If it was not for sports I swear I would get rid of my TV.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

A lot of this goes back to the life style we lived in the 60'S Way to many drugs

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

They're dealing with the creative imagination of the viewers.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Has anyone on here ever had a paranormal experience? Bulge.

7. Mapper

Mapper Member

Bulge, my parents did, however, there were no ghost hunters present.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

What happened??

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

My grandmother was dying in a nursing home. She was in and out of a coma and down to about 65 lbs. All of a sudden, she sat up in bed and said, "Oh yes, I'm ready" Then she died. Both of my parents said(separately) that they felt the presence of someone/thing in the room. They had not discussed it until I came home and Dad told me. Just to put the thing in the proper perspective, Dad was the Chief of Police and Mom was a school teacher, so no, they were not suspicious country folk. Dad was a shooter too, so some who haunt this site would have known him. The NW Ohio guys, probably.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Some people have "Taken way too many trips and never left home".

Curt

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Never seen an apparition but, this is a true story. In 1972 I was in a nasty car wreck, got rearended. A couple of days after the accident I went to the doctors. I was having a hard time sleeping because of the pain. The doctor gave me some meds and told my wife and I that I would sleep like a baby. You know take two and call me in the morning. Well I took the pills before bed and they didn't help much. I kept waking up to a bad dream. I kept seeing rolling flames coming toward my house. I woke up probably four times with that same dream. I went to the front door and looked out just to make sure there was no fire.
    The next morning when I finally woke up I seen that my wife was very distraught. She told me that her cousin was very depressed and took his and his wifes lives.

He did this by pouring gas over himself and his wife and lit a match. I guess that was the rolling fire I kept seeing.
    Over the years numerous things like this have happened to me, so I am somewhat of a believer. Bulge.

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

RLC 323...We got rid of the Cable about 2 years ago. Now we only watch what comes over the air, public TV and one commercial channel. WAY cheaper and we've been doing just fine. And the DSL Internet access is just as fast as the cable.

Bruce

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Have you ever seen objects move without any explanation as to how. I saw that a couple of weeks ago in my house. I tried everything I knew to cause it to happen again but couldn't. The guys at work said it is because I am going crazy and need to have my head examined. I don't think my house is old enough to have ghosts in it. Isn't there some kind of rule that the house be old.

14. jhjanko

jhjanko TS Member

How many sightings of Christ were reported after the crucifiction? Why just Him? I choose to keep an open mind. JHJ

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The show is BS, These two guys are BS.

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You must ask Pheasantmaster about both of our experiences with paranormal activities, both at Gettysburg, and here in the house that he bought from his uncle and grandfather. Grand daddy is still here, and we had a guest in our truck when we left Gettysburg last year.

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Devi, can you PM me with your Gettysburg experience. My wife and I go there quite often and quite often we stay at the Farnsworth House. We've had a few experiences there.

18. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Barrelbulge, they like GPS's.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Let me re-tell my favorite ghost experience...

A couple years ago my wife and I bought a home in which the previous owner had committed suicide by hanging himself. Unpleasant to say the least but at the time we weren't superstitious people and we didn't really believe in ghosts, so we were pleased to get the house for a bargain price. On the day the sale closed, after a long workday, I drove to the purchased house alone to do some interior painting before we moved in. It was 3 or 4 am when I finished painting and by then I had been awake for nearly 24 hours. I was way too tired to drive home so I just laid down on the livingroom floor to get a some sleep. This big empty house was making some strange sounds which of course briefly reminded me of the tragedy that had taken place there. A while later, after I had just drifted off to sleep, the six-foot aluminum painter's pole I had leaned against the wall fell over and slammed violently into the fireplace hearth about 12 inches from my head. I immediately knew that a ghost was present because he had taken a huge crap in my underwear :)

-Gary

20. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I don't know if I have seen this particular show or not, but I've seen several of these shows where the crew goes out and spends the night in this haunted places. My question is - why do they have to go at night? Are ghosts only active during the night? Why can't they come out in the day light?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.