1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Getting A Cataract Removed In One Eye

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I went to my optometrist yesterday for my annual eye checkup. A cataract in my right eye that has been there for years needs to be removed. My left eye is clear with no cataract but I have always been nearsighted in this eye. I have also always been nearsighted in the right eye (with the cataract) as well. I don't think I want to have the new lens set for distance in the right eye and have a nearsighted left eye.

My question is:

What are people doing in the way of getting the proper new eye lens set for shooting and getting around every day when only one eye needs surgery and the other eye shows no signs of needing surgery?

(I "searched" and read the previous posts on the site about cataracts).

DoubleAuto

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I had the same situation. Fortunately my optometrist (a trapshooter) cooperated and referred me back to the surgeon for the second eye.

There is no way I could have put up with my control eye nearsighted and my off eye perfect.

I now use plano lenses. And I shoot better.

HM

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Whew, good question....are we talking a substantial script here? you could possibly get a contact lense for the old eye, allowing you to match the new eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.