1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Gas Grass Trimmers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DAS, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAS

DAS Member

Who makes a quality gas grass trimmer

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

+1 Echo

4. high 2

high 2 Member

Stihl, bought one last year with the 4 stroke engine. You can`t believe the power. Not cheap.

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Body slammed several in my career and it is not over! Tom Rhoads P.s. Last time I did it, I looked over/across the street and there was a large outside graduation party going on! Was a little embarrassed but I slept well that night! Tom Rhoads

6. REM3

REM3 Member

echo is good quality for the price, but stihl in my opinion is the best

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Stihl is the only way to go.

DoubleAuto

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Red Max is the latest good quality yard equipment. Their Chain saws, weedeaters and blowers are all rebuildable, unlike a lot of yard equipment. It is professional equipment. We have been a dealer for two years and have not had any problem with our sales other than customer screw up such as water in gas kind of thing. It is also not cheap but not as expensive as Stihl. Jackie B.

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

10. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

+2 on Echo, tough dependable tool. Tom, there is nothing like grabbing the string end of that trimmer and feeling the acceleration as the motor end swings over your head like a sledgehammer and crashes to the concrete driveway. My boys were 8 and 10 at the time, I thought they were in the back yard. They are 29 and 31 now and still talk about it. Not one of my best moments either, but it sure felt good, lol. Harv.

11. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Harv,
    I am glad I am not the only one! You should have seen me getting a full head of steam and slamming the push mower into the chimney at one of my houses!! Tom Rhoads

12. ken a

ken a Member

Take a good look at Shindawa. I was all set to buy an echo until a friend of mine told me about Shindawas. The dealer also had echos and said they are both excellent but the yard pros had less problems with shindawas. I really like mine as it starts very easily and no problems. The main thing, is to get the head that accepts the short 8 or 9 inch pieces of line rather than the spool of line.

13. msmith

msmith Member

Buy a Stihl . My 1st Stihl FS 36 ( no londer made) was16 years old and was used hard (not abused). The reason it was my 1st is because my son did not see it when he backed over it with a Tahoe. The 16 years that I owed it I only replaced spark plugs and air filter. Great machine. The parts would of cost $102 so I bought new FS45 and sold the old engine for $38 on ebay. The new one has a little more power.
    Mike

14. docshank

docshank TS Member

I've got three Shindaiwa trimmers that I've had for a little over 11 years now, they're still going strong, with very little maintenance. Shindaiwa makes some of the best trimmers out there. That said, I imagine Stihl has far more dealers spread over the country than Shindaiwa or Redmax combined.

Frank

15. andybull

andybull Active Member

Look no further than Shindaiwa or stihl. Echo is a good machine but not as powerful.

Andy

16. trap906

trap906 Member

having worked on small engines for years, and messing with hundreds of string trimmers, there is but one choice, ECHO !! it is the best hands down. just buy one thats big enough for the job you want to do..

17. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

ECHO....Echo.....echo......

18. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

Do yourself a favor. I have tried Still, Echo and a few others. Try Honda..4 cycle, ALWAYS starts, needs little service.

D.

19. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have used Echo commercial grade trimmers for over 25 years with very good results. I have a local ECHO dealer with a good maintenance department. By the largest you can afford. IMO they always start and last forever.

Ed Ward

20. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

i also have a stihl Fs 36 or 40 have had it for at least 14 years starts up by 5th pull all i do is run fuel out at end of season have gone threw a few heads easy replacement also own a Honda 4 stroke weed eater thats more of a commerical type weed eater a little on the heavy side but have not had any trouble with it for 8-9 years . Echo I just bought hedge trimmer went in shop a couple of weeks ago wouldn't start does have a 5 year warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.