1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT future gas prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadelk, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadelk

deadelk Member

Another auto related question. Where do you people think gas and diesel prices will be in the next three years? Thinking about a Dodge Nitro for the little woman with the 2.99 gas card. I scanned the details on the deal and it looks to me like you can use it to fuel any unit.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

i think we will see 5.00 a gallon and we will never see below 2.25 unless the usa gets out of debt.

bill

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pretty safe bet there, nipper. Our standard of living is going to cave in to an unbelievable low because of the people who have grabbed the reins of leadership in this country.

To blame? The sheep that let it happen. The 2 party system is a farce, neither one has your best interests at heart.

There was a guy on TV yesterday predicting(OUCH) 7 dollars a gallon.

HM

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$5 a gallon by July 4th is my guess.

Eric

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

It will keep going up as long as we buy and use it. I am not a doom and gloom person buy fellers...... we are in for a rough ride with no end it upward pricing of oil.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Mixer Im with you, new years eve we play. Prediction.....I said the same thing gas july 4th 5.00/gal...... I just may win the pot.

7. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

If you get a 30 MPG car and buy $2.99 gas for the 1st 12,000 miles (that's the deal), at $4.00 gas you save $400. If it's a 20 MPG piece you'll save $600. Betcha you'll pay $400 or $600 more for the vehicle than someone who doesn't take the gas 'deal'.

8. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The prices will go up until the point is reached than the environmental wackos can not afford to drive to a tree hugging protest.

If we start tomorrow we will not see results for 10 years. If we had started 10 years ago????

Rock

Jim

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If we put as many man hours and money at finding and drilling oil as we have into the Iraq war we would have oil in a year.

10. DickG

DickG TS Member

I read in the paper this am that gas is 10.00 in France, and 11.00 is Turkey.
    Commercial fishermen in Spain have parked their boats saying they no longer can afford to fish. Protests have begun all over Europe. Blockades are starting at oil terminals, causing tankers to remain off-shore. It's beginning. What are we doing here? NOTHING. I suppose that when gas does reach double digits, then maybe?

As I said in another post, to paraphrase Pogo, we have seen the enemy. and it is us. 70% of the oil consumption in the U.S. with only 5% of the world population.
    We must cut back, or drill like crazy in ANWR, and off-shore, and in shale deposits, etc., or face even more increases.

BTW, I'm not advocating civil disobedience. Use the ballot box to oust those who won't allow the needed drilling. I know it will take time, but we don't want to play the shoulda, coulda, woulda game any longer. Example,also in the am paper.
    Senator Nelson of Florida is still against drilling off-shore because it will damage the tourist business. Thats just nuts. What tourist business when gas hits 10.00? He sure isn't getting my vote.

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.