1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT / Fuel Cost

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I just returned from Wisconsin. (Terrible weather)!! Anyway, I kept track of my fuel cost for the roundtrip. (Arkansas to Wisconsin and back to Arkansas) I paid $1.26 a gal. (Lowest price) to $1.64 a gallon. (highest) My total fuel bill came to approximately $100. Last year the exact same trip cost me approximately $250 !! (How refreshing to fill my car up for $15-$20)!! Now, I'm not a rocket scientist by any means; but if we could get these idiots in Washington to concentrate on drilling for oil in our own country instead of being held "hostage" by OPEC, we could really stimulate this economy. (This along with manufacturing goods in this country instead of China). We can be a lot more self sufficient and then people would again buy cars and other domestically manufactured products and most importantly would be able to find jobs. Well I am through "ranting"; but it seems we are defeating our economy with inept leadership in government and big business. I for one am going to start "harassing" my congressman. (However much good that will do me). Ed

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Gas was $1.439 and now back up to 1.599- hope thats not a sign it is going up again

3. GRR

GRR TS Member

ESOXHUNTER You've got the right idea. However, I've been writing my state Senator here in Wisconsin and he has voted against drilling all the time. Senator Feingold likes $4-$5 a gallon gas because it makes everybody want a alternative fuel, He just don't get it. I think he's taken so much money from Green lobbyist his mind is cluttered with to much propaganda. He also is a UW graduate, very liberal, and Harvard, you know where all the Wall Street boys went to school.

I'd like to get rid of him, but he has ACORN on his side. Some how we need to get rid of all politicians in both parties and start over. Their might be a few good ones but we can't take the chance.

Judges must be made accountable for there actions, a nice tree and a $2.00 rope will cure this problem in short order.

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I hear you on Russ Feingold. I lived in Wisconsin most of my life. It has now gone completely liberal. Then you look at Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa and you have Dumocrats running everything. Look at Minnesota. They will keep counting ballots until Franken wins. Then they will quit counting. (Hell somebody must still have a few hundred uncounted Franken ballots in their trunk)!! Most states are run by the major cities. Wisconsin is no different. The Milwaukee area and the Madison area elects the liberals and the rest of the state has to pay the exorbitant taxes that come with it. I am glad I'm as old as I am. This country has changed and surely not for the better. Disgusting. Ed

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

My fellow Cheeseheads......

We need to DUMP DOYLE and and his fellow Dumocrats. Freekin Feingold is an absolute piece of crap too. I about throw up when either of those two open their mouths.

You guys nailed it on the head, we have been bought and sold out by two populous areas that take over the entire rest of the state.... Madison is a beautiful town, but I could never live with all that liberal crap.

I am hoping the GOP works Paul Ryan up the ladder quickly, he is one helluva smart guy and can make a real difference.

SW

6. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hey guys, don't you watch news, the oil moguls say oil is to cheap for them to drill here. They need $4.00 gas and then they will drill when they need it. All the Texas Oil Carel wanted was to assure the control of flow, no new up starts gaining a foot hold on the rights. If you just "THINK" would you want to make less money on stocks, bonuses. In other words,there's an old army proverb "Get Your Head Out of Your A$$"...Mike

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Feingold wrote back to me and told me the Illegals just "wanted a better life" and suggested something was wrong with me for finding fault with having them here.

And Herb Kohl loves to sell Tommy Hilfiger designer jeans to them.

Liberals in Madison and entitlement people in the Southeast pretty much call the tune in wisconsin.

Most of the time their agenda is the same. They might wake up when the 5 dollar bread hits, but it will be too late by then.

HM

8. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hmile, You should ask what he and rest of Washington is doing to stop the greedies from importing the wetbacks and others to exploit. If no one hires them, they wouldn't come. DAH!...Mike

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont worry washington wants the federal tax on gas to go up maybe .15 per gallon to raise money, And it wants the States to do the same.

10. WCR

WCR TS Member

Enjoy the lower gas prices now because they are already up to 1.99 in central Indiana. Elections are over and the price will climb back up to around 4.00 by the end of March. Samething happened last election year.

break em all if you can afford it.

Bill

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

up to C$0.79/litre in Alberta works out to US$3.34/gal....gummint still screwin' us on taxes!!

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Did you see "60 Minutes" tonight? They finally explained how speculation of fund managers caused the $4.00 gas. Remember all the Bush bashing, and how he and his "Big Oil" buddies were manipulating the crude cost? Funny how they waited till after the election to air this.

13. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Who cares what that liberal propoganda outlet "60 minutes" says? Their solution is always the same- more government, less liberty.

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Actually Delbert, the 60 Mintues bit was on the commodity trader and hedge fund manager rat bastards running up the price of oil at a time when demand was actually shrinking and then lying to congress about how the price of oil was due only to supply and demand....I guess you didn't watch it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.