1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Found some 45 bullets for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by ccw1911, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

I know there are a few pistol shooters on here and thought I would share a source I found for hg68 200 grain 45 acp bullets since they are getting so hard to find. I have no association with this company just trying to help fellow shooters. The web page is above and click on specials, the prices include shipping, not cheap but at least available and look like good hard cast bullets.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

Neil and his wife are nice people to deal with. He does the Bullet and Ammo thing and she has a good line of clothing, even in trapshooter's sizes. :) They usually have a table set up at some of the local Eastern/Southern Maryland Gun Shows. These bullets are pretty decent. At least the last batch I bought, back when they cost half as much, were well made. If you are local, you can call him and he will bring your order to the next show.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Missouri bullets has a very nice 200 grain Semi-wadcutter.. i've been happy with his bullets..

4. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

0   0   0

Guys, I think one of the cheapest prices I found is a company in Pa called "Master Cast". Their web site is www.mastercast.net. Check their price list on the web. I have no relation or stock in the comp. but I bought hard cast and copper plated bullets from them and the price was the cheapest I ever seen also their product is great. Peter.

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

You might also look at CB Bullets in Gorham, Maine.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Rogers Better Bullets 45cal .452 dia. 200SWC brinell hardness of 18 which is very good, box of 500/$34

7. TOOLMAKER 251

0   0   0

Do a search on better bullets/kings shooter supply. I have 2 bullseye pistols in 45 (Madore, Clark) and with Rogers bullets the guns will shoot sub 1.5 inch at 50 yards. I also have a old LBT hardness tester and all his lots check 17-18 brinell.

8. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

EE I judged from comments on the bullseye list and the fact the guy is geared to bullseye shooters who are usually pretty picky. Should have made that clearer.

9. TOOLMAKER 251

0   0   0

EE, I went in my shop and check some different batch's of Rogers bullets. 185 SWC checked out at 18 BNH and 2 different box's of 200's checked out at 20 BNH close enough for me. Roger buys most of his alloy from a foundry with a small amount recycled from indoor shooting ranges. Linotype is 22BNH so even at 20 they are very hard, and I would not worry about pushing a 150gr. 357 to 1,300FPS

10. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Just one of the great things about this forum, lots of folks out there willing to help find what you need. I just ran across of places advertise them but don't actually have any in stock. Good to know there are several places to pick from, they are very scarce around here.

11. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

0   0   0

Midstates Cast Bullets in Wells, Kansas has been turning out top quality cast bullets that I've had excellet success with.

http://76.162.82.131/Gunshop3/Midstates_Cast_Bulletslist.asp

1-877-818-2072

questions@bulletsdirect.com

12. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

TOOLMAKER 251.. "will shoot sub 1.5 inch at 50 yards."

That is quite a boast. How many shots in that group?

13. TOOLMAKER 251

0   0   0

5 shots in a group no boast just the facts. The Madore in a Ransome rest will shoot 7/8" at 50 yards.

14. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

0   0   0

What does a shooter's wrist being locked or not have to do with the accuracy potential of a firearm? The gun will shoot to it's potential every time it's fired (given proper ammo components), it's the shooter that prevents the gun from delivering to it's full ability.
    In case you missed it, the Ransom Rest takes the human error out of testing a handgun's accuracy so I would guess that's why the professionals use them.
    I have a SVI PPC gun in 38 super that was tested by the factory in a Ransom Rest and turned in a 5 shot group from 50 yards that measures .61" ctc. Doubtful a human hanging on to it would be able to duplicate that, but, despite that fact, I keep trying.

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Never Mind

Mallard.... Cooper has gotten a lot of mileage out of that target trick

16. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

0   0   0

ahh. It's amazing that a 4th grade graduate's mom can still find time to type things for him isn't it?

17. 221

0   0   0

You wannabees and your factory targets......If you did not shoot it, or cannot, it's meaningless......Let's see how this works....I have a k80 that will run 500 straight....from the 27....ROFLMAO

18. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

0   0   0

So, you have a gun capable of perfection but you are the problem keeping it from happening?

19. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

TOOLMAKER 251 , Only 5 shots takes a little air out of it. I have two 1911's that will put 5 shots in .5 in at 25yds in a Ransom Rest. I don't have 50yds. Mathmatically that is .55 at 50yds. Don't know that I could actually do that. The real test is a 10 shot group. The big name makers like Les Baer advertise 10 shot groups. I always have a couple that jump out of 10 shot groups and I always use reloads.

221 , " ......If you did not shoot it, or cannot, it's meaningless." not really. The ransom tells about the mechanical reapeatability of the gun and tells the gunsmith what needs to be done to correct a problem. Tolerance destroys repeatability.

20. 221

0   0   0

Fact is a 1911 does not like being shot in a Ransom.....It's been proven....I'm sorry if y'all don't want to accept that. Ransom even admits they tried to duplicate the actions of a human the best they could. Different methods of rest testing have proven a 1911 will react and group accordingly. Bench Rest Rifles are the same. Different holding methods have different results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.