1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Ford Sport Trac- Comments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LOWGUN, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Thinking of getting a used Sport Trac(05) with less than 17k miles. Any comments Pro/ Con would be appreciated. Mike

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I love mine. I bought it new in 2001, and it has 118,000 miles on it. People still mistake it for being new, and I drive it every day. It sits higher than my regular Explorer, and gets through deep snow that the other truck won't.

I like the fact that I can still fit a 5 people in the truck and have a bed in which to haul stuff.

Tron knows Fords from the mechanical end, so maybe he's seen something I haven't. The only drawback that I've seen is that I have to lift anything that I am putting in the bed way up so I can get it over the flip-guard, unless it will fit UNDER it when it is flipped up (so I can slide it through). There probably is a way to take it off, but I bet it's a pain.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

My only experience is with the one spoke of above. It has a 4.0 that is extremely spunky and has not had an engine upgrade.

Where I now live, there are alot, infact most roads are very curvy and have a 40 mph posting. They are easily navigated at 50 and the Sport Trac will do most all the curves at 65mph before tires start to break.

MPG when I checked was 21 mpg.

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

So Tron. Tell me plainly how you feel. Don't sugar coat it.

5. recurvyarcher

Pheasantmaster, do you take all curves that fast? You might want to slow down at bit in the dark.

6. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

We have a 2001 Sport Trac that has been used by one of our salesmen in Alabama.
    The truck (or whatever you want to call it) has just over 300,000 miles on it. I know, I can't believe it either. The only problem we had with this vehicle was a worn pinion gear. The vehicle had mostly highway miles and was always maintained properly. I think we got our money's worth on this one.
    Snookassassin
    Clif Adams

7. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

lowgun I just took one on trade-05 17,900 miles Leather/Moon 1-owner-Dk Stone color-more info e-jim@chuckrenzeford.com.

8. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Thanks folks for your input. My 11 yr. old is starting to look me in the eye and I need more room. My 01 Ranger extended cab with those jump seats just don't cut it anymore. Still haven't made up my mind. Mike

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

curvy, have always been able to navigate curves rather efficiently, daylight or dark :-} Can even do a pretty efficient job with use of knees so hands can be used for other things...........

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Tron, the bed IS the beer cooler. It's plastic and not suited for anything heavier. You can even get a hard cover for it, and it's self draining! :)

11. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

Have a 07 with 4.0 and getting 26-27 on the road. I know this seems a lot but I don't drive hard. Like the ride.

12. recurvyarcher

Earlsue...if you say you get that kind of gas mileage from your sport trac, you are going to get really slammed on here...take it from someone who knows.

Pheasantmaster...I've seen you use those knees on the steering wheel. Pretty scary on THOSE kinds of curves. You should be using both hands for THESE curves, though.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think the SportTrac is a really cool little truck and perfect for traveling to shoots in without purchasing a refinery....My F-350 10cyl. is like Mecca...the Arabs bow and pray in its direction everytime I fill up

14. CalvinMD

...and with Curvy behind the wheel,..how could a Sport Trak or whatever shes tooling around in be anything but cute!!!

15. CalvinMD

P.S. ..Tron is jealous because nobody will take his land yacht in on trade,..for ANYTHING!

16. CalvinMD

any signs of the good ship Tron??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.