1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

****ot****** force driver succumbs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Eric was one of Drag Racings good guys, people were lined up to meet him and get his autograph at FireBird Raceway in Chandler, Az. just a few weeks ago ... So sad, especially when he was just get started in life, he meets up with death ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

anyone know where the pictures of the accident are. heard the car was a real mess.motordoc

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the photos of the car. Looks like he hit head on. The top of the roll cage is on the flatbed in the third picture. It looks to be straight, I assume it was cut off.

Sad ending.

Bob

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

try again

Bob

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Racers live with the specter of death loojking over their shoulder all the time.

They continue, nonetheless. To die doing that which you love is an honorable exit from this planet.

I could list many who did so. In many cases their loss created a safer environment for the rest.

NObody wants it to happen. When it does our prayers go with the fallen rider.

Godspeed, ERic.

HM

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Primed, Motordoc,

A few condolences for the family and friends of the Late Eric Medlen would be in better taste. "I want to see the pictures" is very disrespectful to both Eric and his family!

Godspeed Eric!

ec90t

Eric Collins

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i do know the family and was at the shop in january. it is always sad when a fellow racer is injured. we all know that anytime you get into a race car what can happen. i feel bad for the family. motordoc

8. primed

primed Well-Known Member

ec90t

I did not mean any disrespect. I think if you look at the pictures (and I bet you did) you might learn a little something about the accident and come to terms with it. Very similar to the Challenger incident. How many times did you watch the video of that. It helped the nation to come to terms with it. Was it disrespectful to show that video thousands of times? I do not think so but you think what you like.

Respectfully

Bob

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Bob,

I haven't and won't view the pictures of Eric's car. The first hand account that I recieved was good enough.

As far as the Challenger accident, I can remember the time and place when it happend because it was live coverage. I don't view that footage anymore if I can help it.

The Judge in Florida had it right about the pictures of Earnhardt's car after his wreck, more footage I care not to view again.

I'm sorry if I affended you, it is just a pet pieve of mine about people exploiting someone else's misery.

I have seen my fair share of race car drivers life being taken way too early. Growing up here in Central Indiana, it was hard to miss if you went to the races. I don't attend very many races anymore because of that.

ec90t

10. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

This brings back memories of Lee Sheppard's accident 20+ years ago.

PG

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The difference here being that Medlen was strapped in!

Lee Shepard will always be one of my favorite racers. A guy that I shoot with from time to time, used to live down the road from him.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.