1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: for real guitar players

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1Gold, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Gold

1Gold TS Member

Let's see if this works? The guys name is Andy McKee and I ran across him while looking for a friend on YouTube. If this doesn't post, it would be worth the YT search for you serious guitar players on TS.com. And, I know there are more than a few of you.

J

2. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Why not just use this:

http://www.andymckee.com/

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

So Jerbear what's the deal on it not woking was it the first one in the list or another one.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsD6uEZsIsU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsD6uEZsIsU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fog

4. Dave McC

Dave McC TS Member

Thanks, great picking...

5. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Well he's no Gary Davis...

But he is pretty darn good.

cls

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

The real deal is Eric Johnson! I just finished learning Cliffs of Dover...so I'm kinda with the whole Eric Johnson thing at the moment, however I presume that that will change once I learn another awesome song...
    -Trappy

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Also...forgot who this was...but he did an acoustic taping version of Little Wing. It was the most amazing thing I've ever heard in my life...I think it was on YouTube...I'll try to find it, it's truly amazing!
    -Trappy

8. BudLight

BudLight Member

I like Alison Krauss & Union Station. Jerry Douglas plays Dobro in the group and I think he's excellent! Ron

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

he's good.

trappy,

move on from eric johnson. there's a reason that he's only known for cliffs of dover.

want to see a real musician? Warren Haynes. search his name or gov't mule.

brett d.

10. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Monte Montgomery does an acoustic “Little Wing” as well as a spectacular “Superstition”.

I don't have a link but I'm sure you can Google it.

11. welderman

welderman TS Member

IMHO there is no shortage of great guitarists. Unfotunately my fat fingers and lack of practice means I'm not one of them. I suggest anyone wanting to listen to a really great player look up Adrian Legg. This guy found he was limited by conventional guitar construction, so he designs his own. Tom S. (welderman)

12. Charles L. Schmidt

While not a Blues picker I've always been a fan of Richard Thompson.

cls

13. Charles L. Schmidt

And Doc Watson!

cls

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I can pick a little but do play the banjo and love it

15. welderman

welderman TS Member

CLS and others. You all have good taste in music. The only problem I have with Richard Thompson's Vincent 52 is that in the song, he gives Molly the keys to his Vincent as he dies. Vincents didn't use keys. They were like the new cars. If you haven't done it yet, go to http://www.adrianlegg.com and click on music. Then listen to some of his clips. Tom S (welderman)

16. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Go to the above link and have some fun. Rock on gents!

Jerbear

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

blizzard...I'm just a 15 year old kid...so I'm not very diversified with the whole music stuff as much as I hoped. I just like Cliffs of Dover because nobody else I know can play it, so when people start to talk crap, I can just show them up nice and easy.

Anyone heard of Ygnwie Malmsteen?
    -Trappy

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Here's the tapping version of Little Wing...you all HAVE TO see this...it's truly amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm-vxGgFf4
    -Trappy

19. Robert Long

Robert Long Member

Has anyone heard of Steve Vai or Al Di Meola, Let's get real, these are the players that players talk about.

Rob Long

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Trappy,

i know that your young. i wasn't trying to be mean, just trying to broaden your horizons a little. Malmsteen was popular when i was in high school, in the late 80's. he's an awesome guitar player.

but if you really want to see and hear an awesome guitar player, AND singer/ song writer, you really owe it to yourself to look up Warren Haynes. his band is Government Mule. He also is part of the Allman Brothers, and tours with the Dead when they tour. i've been a music afficianodo since i can remember, and i don't miss a mule show when they come within a few hrs. drive.

brett d.- p.s.- thanks for staying off of the rap crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.