1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT First Bad Deal on TS.COM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FarmerD, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Please be advised that J. N. (email above for name) reneges on his deals. He cost me two sales of my Model 12 because of his wishy washy ways. He made and offer and I accepted, then started trying to stick a 391 into the deal. In the mean time I turned down two offers from others with the understanding that we had a done deal. Oh well I guess some people are stand-up and others are flaky. Pissed me off though. Ben PS We even went as far as getting shipping charges and he was pissing and moaning about the $3 difference between USPS and UPS. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Welcome to "Tirekicker World". Try again. Shouldn't have much trouble moving a Model 12.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Just to show you how out of the ordinary that is, I replied to a thread about gun safes a week or so ago and mentioned that I was buying a new safe to replace one I had outgrown. Later that day, I had two posters contact me about buying the old safe. The one who contacted me first is buying it and requested my address so he could mail his check to me even though I may not have my new safe for six weeks.

I've bought and sold several things on here from little stuff to reloaders to guns and have never found anything to be of lesser quality and condition that was advertised. I try to return that favor and as long as we all do that, this will be a great place to do business.

Ed

4. newcastle

newcastle Member

I came across one to recently, make sure you get 3 day inspection on gun purchase ect. some people don't play fair. I did not know the gun was a fixer upper and I would have to do the fixing if I wanted to return it. I made mistake in not looking it over before transfer but it was clearly misrepresented.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've done a number of deals on this site. All were good.

6. newcastle

newcastle Member

All of mine where good too in the past, not anymore.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

First let me say I don,t know any of the people in this deal . But I do know FarmerD has an attitude that comes across in his e-mails and postings .

I would be carful with anyone I did not know buying or selling . This maybe what happen to this deal .

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I'm sorry about the lost sale, but not every deal that's started will finish to everyone's satisfaction. If you had two other offers on the gun, then it should be sold by now....or did all three potential buyers back out???

I've done half a dozen buys from people on this site. There have been one or two difficult negotiations, that did NOT result in a purchase, but the majority of contacts ended up in completed transactions that were more than satisfactory. The folks on this forum are, by and large, great to do business with.

9. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

That's interesting, ALF-99, I don't ever recall having a email discourse with you. Ben

MIA Your probable correct, it was Copper in disguise. LOL

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I din't have a bad deal, per se.

I was to purchase a set of barrels and wanted a 3-day inspection in the event they would not fit on the receive I intended to fit them to. If too short/small, there is no way to fix.

They came in and would not work. I really liked them, but no go. I sent them back, having agreed to pay shipping both ways, should this occur.

I got the shipping bill when requested from the sender: $57 to get them here, and $19 to ship back, same carrier, same insurance. I am a slow learner.

WW

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I learned a long time ago that a sale is not a done deal until you have cash in hand. I sold an old beat up truck in my front yard three times and collected three $100 deposits before someone finaly came through with all the cash.

12. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Ben,
    You need to tell all of the facts before you abuse someones name. I never offered to pay shipping of any sorts. Post all of our emails as you said you were going to. If you can show me where I ever offered you an amount plus shipping, I will apologize and still buy your gun. I never did offer to pay shipping. If someone could email me how to post the emails on here I will put all of our correspondance on here and let everyone see how you have cussed and been total insane. Again show the offer of me offering to pay shipping and I will still buy. I will also apologize. Are you man enough to do the same if you can not show the offer plus shipping. Also the 391 was how the deal got started. Afetr the way you have sent nasty emails and carried on, I wonder if the gun is really 97% plus. You must have thought you were really getting one over on me or you would not be so upset. I do not hide behind some sign on name. I always sign my name . I have many very successful and fair deals on here. Only the second time ever that a deal has fallen thru. I have never had any complaints against me or with whom I dealt with. Unless you can show me an offer that I made you plus shipping and i still buy your gun< i would not buy anything from you no matter how good the deal may sound. You showed your true colors and I hope I can post all of the correspondance so everyone can read the entire negotiating we had. Hope you clean that mouth up.

Jerry Nickell

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Just copy and paste your email. Highlight all the text and right click copy and come to this thread here and left click paste in the box. easy as pie...

looking forwar to both sides of a story for a change.

Jerbear

14. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Read the e-mails from the bottom up. Jerry, you should edit the above post and put x's in the swear words.

15. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Shotshell,
    I was not the one cussing, Everyone needs to see how this man operates. They can see all of the facts including his language. Thanks

Jerry nickell

16. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Cleaned up and in chronological order:

On Feb 2, 2008 8:08 PM, jerry nickell wrote: Would you considera trade with a 391 Beretta? I am interested in Model 12. Thanks. jerry nickell

Ben Goodhead wrote: Jerry, could you tell me a little more about the Beretta, POI, Length of Pull, lenght of barrel, which model 391 is it? Thanks Ben PS recieved photos, thanks

On Feb 4, 2008 6:09 PM, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, It is a 391 Urika. Barrel is 32" and the pad that is on the stock now is 14 1/2 lop. It also has the extra pad to change lop. I think the other pad will lengthen it. I am unsure as far poi, but would guess 80/20. I shoot a real flat shooting gun best. With this gun I have to be in under the bird just a little. It does have an adjustable comb. I was going to shoot doubles with it , but traded for a MX8 combo. I no longer need the auto. Please contact me if you have any more questions. Thanks. Jerry Nickell

Ben Goodhead wrote: Jerry, What do think your gun is worth on a trade? I just sold a 391 Parallel for 700 bucks that I had bought new for about $850 with Carey closer and deflective bead that I had installed. I know another fellow that is tentatively looking for something similar. Ben

On Feb 5, 2008 1:51 PM, jerry nickell wrote: This gun was bought at Indiana Gun Club just a few months ago and the price with the release trigger was 1095. gun has been shot very little since then. It is in the same condition. If I go back to Indiana, he will give me that same figure for trade as long as I am buying the same price gun or higher. I am in sales and I always tell people trade in and price do not matter. It just comes down to how much difference. What do you think? Jerry

Ben Goodhead wrote: Jerry, I believe my gun is priced right as stated. I will leave it to you to put a trade in value on your gun. If we don't agree that is fine. I'm not really looking for another gun and wouldn't be interested at all if I didn't believe I could sell it to another party. I have a MX-10rs combo that I shoot for competition and probable would never shoot the 391. Is this gun a parallel as well? Ben

On Feb 5, 2008 3:57 PM, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, I will give 300 and my gun. That is pretty close. let me know. Thanks. Jerry

Ben Goodhead wrote: Jerry, The best I could realize from the 391 would be about 700 to 800 dollars if I would sell it. There fore the best that I could do would be $ 450 and your gun. I appreciate your time and patience, and wish you good luck and shooting in the furture. Thanks Ben

On Feb 7, 2008 8:22 AM, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, I am trying to sell my gun (have a potential buyer). Will you take 1100 for your gun? I wish we were close enough that I could see the gun in person. It is easier when you can shoot them first. Thanks. Jerry

Ben Goodhead wrote: Jerry, I would take $1175, and keep the pull or the release trigger. Or I would take $375 boot with your 391 and keep the pull or the release, which ever one you wouldn't be using. Thanks Ben PS I agree it is nicer to be able to shoot them first.

On Feb 7, 2008 11:09 AM, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, I want both triggers if I buy the gun. I shoot a release and my daughters could shoot the pull if either wanted to. I am mainly interested in the gun for them. Hopefully my guy just buys my 391 and then we can deal in a cash transaction. I would go the 1175 for the gun with both triggers. Thanks. jerry

From: Ben Goodhead Date: Feb 7, 2008 3:29 PM Subject: Re: Model 12 To: jerry nickell OK Jerry, send me a Zip code or address so I can see what the shipping and Insurance will be and I will let you know. My Address: Ben Goodhead 75398 Hwy #74 Ione, Oregon 97843 Telephone 541 481 2363 I would still take the 391 in trade and allow you $775, but I realize that cash makes it cleaner. Waiting to hear from you, Thanks Ben

On Feb 9, 2008 3:37 PM, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, I have to get the zip code of my ffl. I think it is 43140. My home is 45305. would sti;; like to give you the 391 and 375. Check on shipping and we can go from there. I looked at a very nice 194xxxx serial number today and it is very nice unaltered. He offered me it for 950 but does not have a release. Thanks. Jerry

Ben Goodhead wrote: Shipping and Insurance to your zip would be $40 UPS ground. I would be willing to trade for the 391 and $375 if you pay shipping and insurance to to me. If not then your offer of $1175 plus shipping is still agreeable and accepted. Thanks Ben

On 2/10/08, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, Check with the usps. They are cheaper tha ups. Also ups scares me. Let me know about the post office. Thanks. Jerry

Ben Goodhead wrote: Jerry, USPS is very close to the price of UPS. The cost would be 37.00 for Partial Post plus insurance. I will ship anyway your want. Ben

On 2/11/08, jerry nickell wrote: Ben, I am sorry. A guy called me this morning on a bird dog that I have and i traded a dog for a pretty nice model 12. This deal came out of no where. You will get more out of your gun else where any how. thanks again. jerry

Ben Goodhead wrote: You know you ***hole, I gave up a sale to another guy because of you, I will make sure the fellows on TS. com keep clear of you on any deal. You are a f****** ***hole. So shove it up your a**.

On Feb 11, 2008 6:56 PM, jerry nickell wrote: I also will let people know how you operate. I made you an offer and you never did agree. You always kept coming back different. I would never have any dealings with you. If someone was there with the money you should have taken it. I always do my deals when the offer is accepted. You should not have tried to nickell and dime me. Take your potty mouth and go wash it out with soap.

Ben Goodhead wrote: You are completely full of s***. I agreed and have the copies of the emails of you offering $1175 and my accepting the offer. If anyone was flaky it will come out when I post these emails on TS.com. You kept trying to stick your piece of s*** 391 into the equation. Then you were pissing and moaning (3 dollars difference) about the shipping fees. F*** Y**, you are a worthless a*******. I would like to shove the bar of soap up your fat a**. quote"I always do my deals when the offer is accepted."end quote. what a crock of s***. You must be a car sales man.

Ben, If you can show me where I said I would pay 1175 PLUS SHIPPING I will buy your gun. I never mentioned shipping anywhere in any of our previous mails. I told you to check on shipping and we can go from there. You ASSUMED I would pay shipping. Look at all of the emails. You said I accept your offer of 1175 plus shipping, I never offered 1175 plus shipping. I really do not care what you post on TS, make sure you put all of the emails including this one. You are the one carrying on like a complete idiot and you are the one that ASSUMED that I would pay shipping. NEVER did I say i would pay shipping. Show it to me in writing and I will apologize for my ignorance and still buy your gun. Waiting for you to show it to me!!!!!! Jerry

17. gridlock

gridlock Member

I too can vouch that Farmer D is One Big Jerk.Stuck his nose in a thread that I had posted sometime back and used cuss words on a topic that did'nt involve him. I told him then and I will tell him again,put on your boots and go out and play with your sheep.

18. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

OK, other than me getting pissed and cussing, did he renege or not. I think he should include the last email response that I made. Interesting how he spread my address, and Telephone on the net. I made sure that I didn't put his out there for everyone to see. I still think he is a Flaky ***hole. Ben

PS It really doesn't matter, as I wouldn't sell a load of bovine feces to him now.

19. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Gridlock, the only thing about you is that you brain is grid locked. FD

20. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Ben,
    Please post any correspondance that I left out. I posted everything. You still did not show where i offered to pay shipping. Be man enough to say I was wrong and I apologize for bad mouthing you. If you proved I was wrong, I would apologize, just shows different in character.

Jerry Nickell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.