1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT, filing my eeoc claim. Wish me luck.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, here it is Christmas and I am filling out my EEOC claim for age discrimination and retaliation. I wanted to let it ride for almost the time limit then get it filled out on Christmas for a little end of the year Christmas to the place that I gave 10 years of my time to. I thought that would be better than a card.

It goes into the mail in the morning so wish me luck. I am not normally a sue happy type but in this case I will make an exception. Places have to learn that you have to treat workers right.

Take care, John

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wish you all the luck in the world (good). I went through that twice in a five your period after being employed there for 18 years. Management will start screwing you around and when they do make sure you talk to a lawyer about a retaliatory lawsuit. The retaliation by the employer is worse than the original complaint. GOOD LUCK, Mike.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Good luck, John. Hope it works out for you.

Jim

4. noseeam

noseeam TS Member

I wish the best of luck to you.
    First thing get a lawyer,bad as I hate to say.
    It appears to me you have no union.

Bocephas

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I wish the best for you. Ray.....

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Get an attorney that does labor law to look at it-- age discrimination is rarely if ever found

You need a labor attorney

Gene

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

What makes you think you have a case that can prove age discrimination? Is retaliation a legitimate claim for the EEOC? If you provided any facts, I missed them. So far, all it seems like is whining. Are you going to represent yourself? If so, you've already lost.

8. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I may be joining you also. I'm only 50 and was told I was to old for a job in a roundabout way. Something I've been doing my whole life, and they want to hire younger people off the street with no expierience. I figure I have at least 15 good years left, but they dont care. And we dont get squat for help from the union.

9. Joe P.

Joe P. TS Member

Having gone that route one time, all I can say is DON'T LOOK FOR "JUSTICE". Remember, you are dealing with a LEGAL system and that can be be confused by the uninitiated with a justice system. LIBERTY AND "JUSTICE" ARE NOT THE SAME SYSTEM! The employer can (and will) bend the facts, make up "facts" and otherwise manipulate the proceedings to get what they want. It is not unknown to have the investigating officer accept what he/she is told by the employer without benefit of actually doing any independent checking of the "facts".

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Good luck John. I hope your new job is working out for you. Jeff

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Google age discrimination cases--- even if you arent an attorney you will see you should not put any hope into an age discrimination claim

Before you listen to those encouraging you to file a claim- consider the fact that you dont have a snowballs chance in he** to prevail anddddddddddddd despite being illegal-- you will be "listed" as a trouble maker and your reputation around town will be known

Get a labor attorney to look at this first

Gene

12. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

ADEA claims are best filed when there is a potential for a class action suit. Jackson County (Texas) Hospital just found this out last month with two nurses.

The EEOC will decide (after the employer jumps through a lot of hoops and paperwork) if there is a case and they will take it from there. I've been on both sides of EEOC claims. I was the company rep (HR) for 14 years and handled 4 EEOC claims and I filed a claim against another employer. I did not get what I wanted but the employer was up to his eyes in paperwork and attorney fees. He'll know next time not to take advantage of someone over 40.

John may not get true justice, but like the IRS, the letters "EEOC" scare the shit out of some employers. Corporate America is a cold hearted place. I no longer look at myself as dedicated to the "company", but I am dedicated to the job. IMHO to survive in Corp. America today, you have to treat your job as contract type work knowing that you will not retire at the company that you currently work for otherwise you'll be in for a lot of disapointment.

13. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

EEOC claims are tough to prove unless your attorney can establish that it was company policy, and multiple older folks were singled out based on age only. In the case of a single individual, the company will attempt to paint you as a lousy employee who deserved to be fired. Be prepared to hear some nasty things said about you, and a long fight.

If a new prospective employer checks with your previous employer, they will say "no comment" in a way which makes you look bad.

I hope you have an attorney with lots of eeoc experience; otherwise the company will eat his lunch.

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

I am so sorry to hear of your previous misfortune and you have my sincerest sympathy that you must go through all of this but I have even more pity for you that you felt you had to share it with us ... just how bad of a life you must have that you felt the need to share your vindictive actions with us.

Good luck with your case and I hope you normally piss into the wind cause if you do you'll be used to what your going to receive from your case.

15. smartass

smartass TS Member

smokerz is an expert on being fired. He has been fired more times than Carter has little liver pills.

16. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, not to be a pisser and or moaner, but...

Already sued the VP of a former company for wrongful termination via the EEOC, which I won by the way. Now that person has bought out the company that I was working for until recently, hence the retaliation part for the slower readers on here. No write ups or disciplinary action in over 7 years.

And lumper, this thread is more for some of my friends on here than you. Sorry if it bothers you but that is the breaks.

Sometimes y'all forget that this is like a great big club house, and as such, I was talking to my friends on here.

Read it or don't read it, just relaying a little information on what is going on here with me. Personally, I would rather read about something happening in the real world as opposed to the drivel that you generally put out.

Take care folks, John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.