1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) Fiat to phase out Dodge

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I was reading yesterday, wish I could find the link, that Fiat plans to phase out the Dodge name plate. I guess in 2012 they are going to reintroduce the Alfa Ramao (sp) name plate here in the states. Looks like Chrysler is going the way of Pontiac and Oldsmobile.

I can only imagine a Hemi powered Fix It Again Tony!

ss

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Fiat or the Whitehouse?

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Fiat has tried before, they won't make it this time either. To much better competition at much better prices.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I personally am disappointed that the Jeep Compass and Liberty and Patriot will be dropped. I can go anywhere I need to go safely with our AWD Patriot and still get 30 mpg. I can't see me ever buying anything with FIAT in the name badge.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

And so it begings the end of all of the chrysler name plates!

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Just remember buy American made and see what you get for it. Then they wonder why they are bankrupt.

Bob Lawless

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It appears that their only dropping Dodge from it's lineup of vehicles that are sold in europe. Last year 4,000 Dodges were sold over there.

8. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Ivanhoe... I have bought American and will continue to do so. Just a quick list of current and recent vehicles.

1993 Ford Explorer Currently driven by my son. 256,000 miles

1995 Chevy Tahoe. Runs and drives great. Would drive this vehicle anywhere. 212,000 miles

1997 Saturn SC1 178,000 miles. I use this as a work vehicle. 600+ miles weekly. Everything works, A/C included.

1999 Ford Taurus. 215,000 miles OK, this one may not count cuz the trans was slipping a little when we sold it last month after 215K trouble-free miles. Still drove great & everything worked, including A/C.

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sold in 2008 in running and drivable condition 284,000 miles

I buy American because that is where I live and who I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dodge phase out