1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Fathers Day Gift??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I need to get something for my dad for this weekend. I need suggestions, he has enough guns, shells, etc. Same thing for clothes. I thought about maybe one of O'Reilly's books, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Hand tool. Knife. Car accessory. Favorite candy. Phil E

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Lead shot.

Forrest

4. dennis b

dennis b Member

Give him an experience. In 10 years he will never remember the gift and it will probably be long forgotten or used or outdated. Do something special with him that he will remember a lifetime. Take him to the ballgame. Go shooting with him. Give him your time. He will remember that and appreciated that a lot more. Dennis B

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Dennis: You're oh so right about that. My daughter who's 41 now took me pistol shooting and trap shooting (both times her first time at it) for Father's Day, and those are 2 of my favorite memories. Phil E

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Phil ... is your daughter married?

7. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Phil....I might ask the same question as lumper....but 41 is a little old for this 24 year old :)

Forrest

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dennis is so right. A gift or card is something the stores and Hallmark came up with. Memories are so much better. A friend of mine met a lady at the airport, she was 93 and she had some of the most profound words I have yet heard.

"Honey, make as many memories as you can. When you get to be my age, that is all you have".

Have a wonderful day with your dad. My son and I are shooting. Jim

9. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.