1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Excerpts from Obama's book

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I recieved this email from Rev. Wayne Perryman. Rev. Perryman is a black preacher that occasionally visits the DC area. He is a republican, and someone whom I highly respect. He is telling me about the double standard in this year's campaign:

(following are all Rev. Perryman's words, but I blanked out the profanity)

Please excuse the profanity, but these are direct quotes from Obama’s book: Dreams From My Father

If John McCain authored a book:

· That talked about black folks - like Obama talks about white folks in his book - page 81

· And if McCain referred to militant blacks as “ignorant mother-f*****s” as Obama referred to certain whites in his book - page 81

· And if McCain spoke about not wanting black blood in him like Obama expressed of not wanting white blood in him – page 86

· And if McCain broke up with a black girl friend after taking her to an ‘angry-white play” like Obama did when he took his white girl friend to an angry black play – Page 211

· And if McCain was angry when blacks tried to talk like whites like Obama opposed whites who tried to talk like blacks – Page 82

· And if McCain decided to use his whiteness when he thought it would be needed as Obama decided to use his “bad-a$$ed nigger pose [image] when he really needed it.” - Page 82

· And if McCain used words like “god**mn, f**k and *u$$y” in his book as Obama used in his book – Pages 83 & 87

The news media would crucify McCain and he would never be chosen as the nominee of either party.

Now ask yourselves, Is there a double standard?

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

and he's only 1/6 black,,,the rest is arabic and ????????

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Curvy, I have been looking at HalfPriced Books for a copy of them so I could read them. I refuse to buy them new and let him make one dime on them, so it will probably be after the election before i get the chance. LOL

Jimmy

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Now, that goes to prove that there is no racial divide and everyone is equal ... Yeah right, lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. recurvyarcher

up, because I didn't see a response from any of the democrats on here...

6. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

Nope recurvy....when the going gets tough, the democrats get going. How can they comment when it is all true? They better take heed and think long and hard before voting for HUSSEIN (aka Barry, aka Barack). How can they read this and since HUSSEIN wrote it, it is true, and still continue to support him? He is one slimy character. Our forefathers are rolling over in their graves at the thought of this dangerous man becoming president of OUR United States. The mere thought of him spending one night in OUR White House makes the hair on my neck stand up.

VOTE FOR McCAIN/PALIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

And still looking for one of our famous demi responders comments!!!

8. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Dem weighing in......You'll get no arguement out of me on this one! I have no idea how a black man as prejudice as Obama is got this far! But then again, the choices were Hillary or Barry!

I'm a conservative Democrat with some moderate inklings that hasn't voted our ticket for some time and it aint gonna happen this time. I truly don't believe there are this many ultra-liberals in my party! I just believe they are the ones with money which leads to power. Until our government makes every candidate work off the same budget, this is the way it will always be!

9. recurvyarcher

Frank...I work with some of the Fed. Contract Admins. in DC. They say that Halliburton is the only company that bids on most of those jobs, and the only one that has the assets to insure that those jobs can get done. The government buyers have no choice but to award the contracts to the incumbent in those cases.

I know that you know, but I thought I would state it here for the dems that that are reading this but are too chicken to respond.

Hammer-time, leave the DARK SIDE and come on over. LOL!!! (and thank you for responding, BTW).

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The libs will say it's out of context, but it sure doesn't look that way to me! This clown HATES America and if he were to get elected(God Forbid), he will DESTROY this country! Of course in reality the liberals want it destroyed right along with him. He is every free man's nightmare and every Communist dream!

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The libs will say it's out of context, but it sure doesn't look that way to me! This clown HATES America and if he were to get elected(God Forbid), he will DESTROY this country! Of course in reality the liberals want it destroyed right along with him. He is every free man's nightmare and every Communist dream!

12. recurvyarcher

Said twice for emphasis...

13. laura!

laura! Member

OK, I'll bite. Just like Palin's infamous interview with Couric, these excerpts are taken out of context. The misinformation, slander and downright lies are flying around both parties, which is no surprise to anyone.

In Obama's book "Dreams of my Father", he discusses the personal conflict he felt, when he was younger, about being half black, half white; being raised by his white mother and looking very black. I have a white friend who adopted 2 black children, they might not agree with his politics, but they can relate to being part of two different worlds and how it can be difficult to find your own identity.

He does not talk bad about white people in his book and actually talks on p 81 about how he felt uncomfortable with the term "white folks".

He does not refer to any white person as an "ignorant mother f***er" on p 81 (or any other page), on p 81 he mentions a white person describing blacks as either "blacks or niggers" and later as "blacks or ignorant mother f***ers."

On p 86 There is a reference to Malcolm X expressing his desire to not have any white blood. Obama makes it clear that he does not agree with this position, but he understands the conflict of being half white.

The girlfriend at the play is a mixture of incorrect and out of context. Obama took her to a play that was written by blacks that he describes as angry and humorous. She felt that she would never fit into his world and broke up with him.

Obama does mention on p 82 that he got mad at a white person for talking "black" in a very demeaning way to him.

The only reference to a "bad-a$$ed nigger pose" that I could find referred to how that "pose" would be meaningless in Hawaii, where there isn't much racial conflict.

The words “f**k and *u$$y” are in quotation in his book because they were said by other people.

I suspect you all will jump all over me, despite the fact that I haven't said who I'm voting for and I'm not arguing politics here (really, how many undecideds are on this forum anyway.) I just thought that the things I read in this post didn't sound factual and I decided to check it out.

14. recurvyarcher

I'm not going to jump on you. I am always for the truth. I am surprised that a black preacher would send me a slanted email.

Could I get that copy from you to read?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.