1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Ever feel discriminated against????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

So I have a new job with a great company. Today is the first time that my travel has required me to fly AND rent a car. When I went to the counters to rent a car, which I assumed was no big deal, each and every one of them wanted to slap me with a $25 - $33 per day charge because I am not 25. I turn 25 next month. I even used my corporate number, which ties me to their account and there was still the charge. I think it sucks that a young person, who is a professional, can not travel without such charges. I know this shouldn't be a big deal to me because the company has to pick up the tab, but its still ridiculous. Thanks for letting me vent. I am proud that I did this no curse words. Avis, Hertz, Alamo, Dollar, and Enterprise....you can shove it up your @(#, E#(#@&$.

Forrest

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

forrest- i understand your frustration. enjoy being 24 years old. i would give anything to be your age again and have this happen to me.
    good shooting to you,
    steve balistreri

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I know how you feel. When I was under 24 the car insurance charged extra. When I turned 24 they kept the same rate and did not drop it. I asked why they did not. They said you are suppose to tell them. I went out and found another insurance co and went back to the old co and told them to close my account as of midnight. They did not like it and I told them why.

As one said before enjoy being 24 and 25 because you will SOON wish you were still that age as OLD AGE will creep up on you. Just to let you know 50 is now in site for me. SH!T!!!!

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you only knew how many people would like to have that problem, again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Forrest. You dont have to be 24 to get the same treatment. About three years ago I needed a pick up to move some heavy auto parts. Couldnt do it without a credit card . Ill pay cash I said including the deposit. Nope.

I was down on credit cards at the time and I guess my drivers license and the fact that I lived here all my life wasnt enough. A friend of mine loaned me his. They could have cared less from who , they just wanted a card.

U haul sucks Gerald

6. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Gee, I'm surprised the INSURANCE Co. hacks (we have a few) aren't on here yet, defending the policy...

7. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Sounds unfair, but it's been that way forever. They're just playing the odds, youngsters have, on average, more wrecks. No different than ins cos charging older folks more because they get sick more often. Next year or two, for 30 years or so, you'll get the best rates for everything.

Your employer's paying, right? And, as others here have already said, many of us would glady trade with you. Stop whining, enjoy being young.

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes.....I often feel that nobody loves me! Thats discrimination ain't it? I'm thinking about ending it!......Er....the discrimination that is!

9. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Enjoy the next 50 years. My insurance company, PEMCO, raised my rates just because I had turned 75. I didn't know about this until my daughter, an insurance agent, told me. The Hartford is fair to the older client, and you don't have to join AARP to get their better rates.

10. famill00

famill00 TS Member

This is what was pissing me off....I am covered by my company's american express account for insurance wayyyyyy over the top of what the PT Cruiser that they gave me is worth. If it is not an insurance issue, the why the extra charge? Just wondering it it is a way to screw younger people or what. Seems to me that if I have insurance then they wouldnt care if I was 25. If so, then I would think that it is wrong to charge the 25 bucks. This gripes my ass.

Forrest

11. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Forrest - There is plenty to be griped about, just don't be griped about everything. Pick something else.

12. highlander962

highlander962 TS Member

Forrest,

I fly and rent cars almost weekly. Although, the credit card will cover damage to the vehicle, it does not cover liability. That is the reason that they will not cover it. Even if you bought the Company's SLP (Supplemental Liability Policy) it still would not cover you. It has something to do with Primary and Secondary Liability in the state and states vary, so it was easier to adopt a universal policy and it has been so long I can't remember it all. I used to be a Local Corporate Accounts Manage right out of College. Now I work for the feds.

FWIW,

Tim

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Forrest, you're going to be able to complain about insurance companies for the rest of your life. Insurance companies and their staff are nothing but legalized crooks which prey on the fears of the public.

Curt

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I worked for the state of Iowa and when there was a promotion up, if you were a white male, you were pretty much screwed. It usually went to an ex-militery, transgendered, black. handicapped person, regardless of experience.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Pay your dues, kid.

16. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Poor BABY!!!!!!!!!!! Roger

17. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

everyday- I'm left-handed. Buy something LH-specific(if you can find it) pay more because "not a lot of people want this". Try to sell it- get less- same answer. Move on, life's to short for this kind of crap..

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.