1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: European press blames US gun laws

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Tjoo bad nobody calls these hypesters on the accuracy of their statements.

Since when is buying a machine gun easy?

Anything to sell the news. Truth gets the back seat. I fear a rough ride in the next year or so.

HM

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

So? What else is new?

3. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

Newspapers are the last to be consulted if you want a balanced view. Did you listen to the half-witted questions asked by american journalists at Virginia University last night? Journalists and Newspapers are the same the world over. Steve Bunch

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I watched Greta Van Sustren (sp?) last night until I had to vomit at her remarks. I swear she's a talking Skeletor.

IMHO the best way to curb this type of violence is to let those who have a CHL carry on campus. Students and teachers alike. Plus, don't wait 2hrs before you let the students know there's a gunman on campus.

5. oldcop

oldcop Member

At least the Germans showed some good sense..

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

To all of the European press..<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

It was a South Korean 23 year old student over here on a student VISA and had a fight with his girlfriend. His name is Cho Seung-Hui. Correction... he was a resident alien what ever the hell that means.

Jerbear

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Did we have 2 world wars on our side of the ocean? No it was on their side. Could it be because we have guns and they don't????

8. oldcop

oldcop Member

The Brits/Europeans seem to forget that we bailed them out of quite a scrape in the '40's with our guns while Italy was allying with the Nazi's, and France was rolling over and playing dead, and the poor Czechs were turning their guns over to Adolph....oh, and is Franco of Spain still dead?

That's why I find it so ironic that the German press is the only one that showed any sense. Is it because it is still fresh in their minds that the US was in the forefront of reuniting their country and defeating communism (I refuse to capitalize-no pun intended-that cursed word), or are they just more pragmatic than the rest of the Europeans? Darn, I wish I had at least one ounce of traceable German blood! lol

Jim

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Resident alien=green card.

HM

10. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

As I understand things right now this person had two hand guns and nothing else that has been noted at this time. I believe there was a 22 Auto and a 9 MM Auto. This according to CNN. One time he was supposed to have shot off 27 rounds. You can rework a 22 Auto to do this as well as the 9 mil. Sounds like he was going to do this no matter what. I have yet to hear of evidence showing anything on fully automatic rifles or even semi auto Rifles or shotguns. Other than these hand guns have been the only thing prevously stated as being used at this time. Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I wonder what the rest of the people were thinking while this guy was shooting? Sounds like no none tried to stop him, or run, for that matter. Did they just sit there and let him shoot? One person w/a CCP could have stopped him.

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

they said that they found receipts for the guns, but the numbers were filed off? sorry, "they " being the authorities. i'm not a handgun guy, but why would he have filed off the numbers?

brett d.

13. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We've written to the press and different commentators attempting to explain what we can purchase over the counter and what takes a special class. The press, different commentators and legislators have chosen not to listen or just lie to the public about "machine guns" and what it takes to get them.

Would the press and legislators lie to us just to have their own way or personal agenda? Michael and Jane

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Watching a "special" on the killings right now. He has only been in the U.S. since 1992. His English teacher said that his writings were very disturbing. All about pedophilia and murder. Even reported it some time back but as he had not actually broken any laws, nothing was done. Go figure. Personally, I think that gun control is what the carp suck up off the bottom of the rivers. I think that everyone should be ISSUED a gun and expected to carry it. Might prevent some of this B.S. Just think, if only ONE other person there had been armed...

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

tomk2,

i understand what your saying, but if the guns numbers were already on his permit, because he bought it legally, and he files them off, commits the crime, ditches the gun, and now the law catches up to him and wants to see the gun. if he doesn't have the gun that's on his permit, and has no receipt that he sold it, he is still screwed, no? in other words, filing off the ser. # accomplishes nothing if you own the gun legally?

16. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I call that diatribe "Eurotrash"

They forgot what "strict gun control" laws achieved in Germany during the 1930s......and the world lived happily ever after, right???

They also forgot who bailed out their sorry nose-up-their asses, asses TWICE in the same century from the same enemy and then bankrupted the NEXT enemy over a 50 year period.

F-them

17. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I have studied the reports from the Europeans carefully and have a solution. Since the Glock and Walther came from German speaking countries, (Ich sprache Deutsch auch) we should not allow any more guns to come here from those nations. If they have moved to the U.S., send them home. No, Italian guns should be imported either, we have seen how bad they are for us. Spanish should definitely be banned since they are only used for robberies. French people have never learned to load their guns since all they do is surrender. Now, the Brits talking about tradition getting in the way of common sense..... don't their lawmakers sit around wearing powdered wigs? Why are the Brits putting semi automatic weapons in the supervisors patrol cars? Don't the terrorist understand that NO guns are allowed in England? I think we have a conflict of interest when Europeans are blaming our lax guns and yet can't wait to ship the next order through customs. Cancel my trip to Europe this summer, I would rather be shooting!

18. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

blizzard,

What "Permit"? They do not require a permit in VA to possess, purchase, or own a handgun. They can be carried openly without any permit in most parts of the state. There is a concealed handgun permit required to carry a handgun concealed. There is no list of handguns required or kept with regards to the permit. A permit holder is pretty much allowed to carry any handgun that he can legally purchase and own, without any requirement to "register" them or list the serial numbers. The only record of the serial numbers would be those that are produced at the time of sale. It is sometimes different in other states, but that's how it is in VA.

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Euro-peon idiots.

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

i see what you're saying now. i've lived in ny my whole life and i'm accustomed to how the system works here. in ny, every handgun that you own, or i beleive even borrow, must be listed on your permit. thanks for the answers.

brett d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.