1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT--Ebay and Paypal help(SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Need help trying to contact Ebay and Paypal---Ebay keeps sending me a notice that I owe them $7.41---I have an account with Paypal and authorized paypal to pay to Ebay---Tried several times and to no avail---I tried to contact Paypal and Ebay and there is no way to get through to anyone---Ebay sent asking me to pay by check but I need my account #---I can't find my account # and don't know how to find it---What a mess---Any help appreciated---sjb---

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Forward the message to spoof@ebay.com and see if it's real.

I get so many stupid ebay messages it's unreal. And they are all fake so far.

HM

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

If eBay contacts you the message will have your name on the message. Halfmile has probably nailed this one. It probably is plishing.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The msg is real---It has my name and email address---I can't get them to contact me or it is the same with paypal---They are driving me crazy---Wish ther was a way to get through to them---sjb---

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

pay-pal 888-221-1161

if you sign into your pay-pal account and click on the contact us link it will create a pin number thats valid for 30 minutes , you will need one even for a phone call to them, its there secure way to make sure "you are really you" i think you are confusing account number with pin number maybe. if you linked pay pal with e-bay your payment due should be automatic, i think its a fake e-mail also...

bill

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

e-bay

866-221-1161

Same thing here, you have to sign into your e-bay account, click on contact us, find the call us link, click on it and it will generate another pin thats valid for only 15 minutes, then call e-bay....

Bill

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

also to double check an e-mail message from e-bay, sign into your e-bay account look on the top right of page find my e-bay click on it then scroll down to messages and if the e-mail was sent by e-bay it will also be in your messages as well, thats about all i can offer now

Bill

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

here is one partial invoice to me inside the my message area, i only copied and pasted some of it, not all,just to give you an idea....

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period from January 1, 2010 through January 31, 2010 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $0.25

No payment is required at this time because your account balance is below eBay's minimum payment threshold.

To view your invoice:
    1. Go to http://www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You will need to sign in.
    2. Click the "Seller Account" link (beneath "My Account" on the left side of the page).
    3. Click the "View invoices" link, and then select the invoice you want to view from the pull-down menu.

Remember: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security number, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay.

Regards,
    eBay

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

WA-LA---Thanks Nipper---That phone # worked and I talked direct to paypal---They found out that they had an old card # and it was my fault for not up-dating but they never notified me and without that phone# I don't know what I could do---Thanks---

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

For future reference : Ebay@ebay.com WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. JTEA

JTEA Member

Had a similar problem once when I intentionally let a CCard run out, hadn't updated.

Worse yet, a few years some as@#%hole in CA HIGHJACKED my Ebay login name! They paid for or sold some stereo speakers and were attempting to have them shipped to CA. I was going to be charged $50 for fees! Got it straightened out and went from a seven letter / digit password to a much stronger, random encryption. I know someone who gets a new checking account every January and changes passwords every three months. How about chopping off one finger every time someone's convicted? Start with their trigger finger!

JT

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Right on JTEA---Thanks---sjb---

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

In answer to your question "how do I find my account #"

log in to your PayPal account, run curser over profile, on the drop down menu click on more options.

This will show your merchants name and secure account ID #it will be in capital letters and numbers.

PayPal is owned and operated by Ebay.

The email wants your checking account number and routing for your bank. And the rest of your money in the checking account.

If Ebay wants a nickle they will just take it if you have any thing in the PayPal account or not. You have already signed an agreement granting them the right to take deductions.

Rock

Jim

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks Rock----sjb---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.