1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT DST Change on old computer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miketmx, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have an old computer and I am using Windows ME and have no good reason to upgrade to Windows XP. Microsoft is no help at all because I am using an obsolete version of Windows. How should I make the change for Daylight Saving Time starting on March 11th?? What is wrong with just advancing the system clock by an hour and pretending that we are still on Mountain Standard Time??

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I'd have to at least agree with Rick's sentiment. The main issue with the change in DST has to do with scheduling software. If you don't use your computer to keep track of meetings and such then it's not a big deal. On the first Sunday in April your computer will be back in sync anyway.

3. barbarosa

barbarosa TS Member

Try this place, we used their Win2000 patch on our remaining Win2000 pc's at work

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/02/windows-98-me-dst-patch.html

Barry

4. miketmx

FTWShooter, thanks, I saved your link and will try out their fix and post on here the results.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Advance the clock an hour and change from standard to daylight time manually.

6. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Yeah, I don't see why you shouldn't just untick the box for automatic daylight savings time adjustment. Then change it manually. That's what I plan on doing, same as changing all the other clocks in the house.

7. bud168

bud168 Member

miketmx... If you double click on your time and the tab where the zones are there should be a checkbox to auto update with DST... Just uncheck that and do it manually..

- Kurt Nelson

8. miketmx

Thanks guys, that was really easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.