1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-Dr. sues 11 year old-part 2

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I hope the family of the girl sues the doc now. I feel they will win their case. He the doc needs to be sued. Please keep us all in formed of any news of this case. Glad she won.

2. Utahx5

Utahx5 TS Member

Not to deprive you of the joys of righteous indignation, but let me tell you what's really happening in the Dr. Cyclist v child skater case.

The Dr.'s insurer paid sustantial medical bills on his behalf and now, armed with a right of subrogation under the policy, is attempting to get some of its money back from the child's parents' homeowners insurer. It is one insurance company suing another. The Dr. had no choice in the matter.

3. Utahx5

Utahx5 TS Member

The above entry was written by a good friend, who took the time to research the case's background. So who is more at fault here, the insurance company attempting to recover costs or the newspaper who chose to spin the story?

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Come on... It's a great story until you find out it's the Doc's insurance company trying to get money back. The other way the Dr was the villen. I mean let's face it the insurance company is always the villian. Jeff

5. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

So is utahx5 claiming the newspaper is "spinning" the facts of the case? I guess that could happen. But, would they make up what she was being sued for?

I don't think a health insurance company would be suing for pain, suffering and loss of income. All they would be suing for is the medical bills.

Maybe the doctor's case was part of the insurance company case.

I couldn't navigate the NJ court website well enough to find this case.

In my opinion, the doctor is the villan in this case.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Doctor may of been the Villan but he was trying to cover his own ass because everyone seems to be bringing litigation for one reason or another now days ... The Doctor obviously didn't need the money but he wasn't going to give up the money he has without a fight either ... His Insurance Company has a vested interest in this and will cut some sort of deal with him out of the picture to recover or not ... Its sad but true sue me before I sue you, is the name of the game today ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lawyers a culpable here too.

years ago I had a neighbor kid set fire to a garage I owned. The kid brought his own gasoline, had lit another fire in the area previously, and obviously had a problem. He and and my tenant's boy pured some on the ground and were jumping through the flames. In the act of jumping the kid got some on his jeans and was burned in the leg.

Blue cross paid his hosjpital bills through his father's health insurance.

A Lawyer who reads claims for Blue Cross smelled blood, and took off like a dog chasing a gut wagon. He got himself appointed Guardian ad Litem for the kid, and spratyed suits in every direction. My insurance co gave him 2 thousand to go away.

He ultimately got a big award from the kid's dad's homeowners for "not properly supervising" the kid which allegedly led to his injuries.

I wouldn't blame any of the insurance entities for this one.

Also my negative impression of lawyers was triply reinforced.

HM

8. len w

len w TS Member

There is a reason for lawyer jokes. Especially the Philadelphia type that will sue for most any reason.

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Uhh, just so you know the term 'Philadelphia Lawyer' meant he was a good, honest one (perhaps owing to the Quaker roots of the city?).
    Not defending lawyers (my brother is one...), but the city.

W. C. Fields said "On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia." - Often misquoted as well.

David D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.