1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Don't vote a straight republican ticket

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

My niece sent me the following email, and I checked Snopes (URL above):

"I have been informed by an Obama supporter, that if one votes straight Dem. or Rep. ticket at the polls, before you have voted for the President, you're vote for President may not be counted. If you go to snopes.com, you will see that this is true and it tells you that it's a good idea to vote for each candidate individually, in any case.

I'm happy to get this info and want to pass it along, since it's already circulating among Obama supporters. We need all our Republican votes to count, so I owe a debt of gratitude to the Democrat who "mistakenly" sent the email my way. Thanks!

Even if you know this, others may not, so please pass it on! I think everyone's vote should count, but once, only!"

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I take you recently missed the thread exposing snopes to be primarily bullshit and hocus-pocus?! Tom Rhoads

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Thanks Curvey,

I forwarded to my entire address book...

Hope you're having a good day today!

milt

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

tcr1146,

BS or not, why take a chance! Pretty simple to just follow instructions, just in case...

milt

5. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Careful..... Dont tell the Dems about it...

6. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Folks,

In reading this post and checking snopes.

If you are voting a straight ticket you only fill in the block for the party you are wanting to vote for. If you fill out any other blocks by other canidates name you you have double punched your ballot.

If you don't want to vote a straight ticket you fill out the block by the canidate you are wanting to vote for.

Read the instructions and vote.

David

7. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Beware of this!!!! It was actually on our local news last week and revealed as a hoax and what NOT to do. Either vote straight ticket, or choose each candidate individually. Doing both if you're voting via paper ballot will invalidate your vote due to a double-punch.

No big deal when voting via machine since the machine will clearly tell you on the summary page prior to finalizing your vote which candidates are selected by voting a straight ticket. You can then go back and change each individually if you want, but there's no such thing as a double-punch on a voting machine. Just make sure you review your summary page before pressing the VOTE button. If it says you're voting for your desired candidate, you are.

8. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Browning Gal,

You said it alot better than I did.

Thanks,
    David

9. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Frankly, those who always vote straight ticket for either party are "professional voters" and are the ultimate source of the problems in this country.

Only a fool who cannot weigh issues, cannot judge candidates and is unable to focus on his own self interest will always vote the same party in every election no matter the circumstances.

Probably a problem with self esteem going on also.

These people like being told how to vote. Saves them the trouble of performing their only duty in a democracy...to make themselves knowledgeable.

They frequently announce their surrender, to unknown party leaders, of this single obligation.

Voting a straight ticket is never a good idea. Democrat or Republican.

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Well CharlesK80, how many republicans are you voting for? Or are you a fool, professional voter with esteem problems? You may want to check with your Move on.org folks before you vote. Hate have your vote to be cancelled. Your a troll joke/jerk. I'm stll waiting for the specifics of your K-80. We'll make it easy, barrel length and serial number would be fine.

11. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Dove..any fool knows the K80TS is 34" in the uns and 32" in the twins. You get the K80TS SN when you buy it. Hint, it starts with 07XXX.

BTW, I'll also sell you my K80 Skeet gun if the price is right. So get going, dovester, and raise the USD cash. Perhaps Joe the dove Plumber will give you a dove loan?

BTW, Palin is still a whack-job. McCain knows it at this point. So do you.

Now bussed-in school kids at today's McCain rally? Can't get adult voters?

Your boy is sinking fast.

BHO by >5 points.

Now go out there and get the the money. Stop stalling.

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Sorry. I don't have a pink skirt. No need for a skeet gun. How many skirts you have? Don't the gonads get cold in the winter? Nevermind, Imagination don't freeze. Hey, whats the deal with the tape? You know, the one the paper won't release. Whew, your boy's got a lot a poo-poo in the closet. Well maybe his misinformed college kids and Acorn can still pull it off......cause he sure can't do it legitimately.

13. karbyen

karbyen TS Member

I don't mean to hyjack this tread, But, Mr. Charles K-80 Sir, A Trap Special also comes in a 34"/30" w or wo/tubes. I had a choice. See Dawson Enterprises.

14. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I got to tell you, this is the 1st and probably the last time I voted a straight republican ticket. I refuse to give Obama even a slight advantage by not voting ALL repub. Ususally I do not vote a straght ticket.

15. nipper

nipper TS Member

If someone actually votes for just one party, i fell so bad for you it actually hurts.

Bill

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

If somebody votes at all for these crooks, Rep or Dem, you should have your head examined for electing and re-electing these crooks in office year after year!

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

So are there really ANY politicians that are NOT crooks in one way or the other. I doubt it. It's like saying one NEVER lies (white lies included). Just does not happen. I'm SO against Obama I will NOT do anything that helps him if I can help it.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hoggy, that is exactly how the democrats got where they are today, by their leadership enouraging voters to elect all dems from the local level on up. You don't think that they motor-voter program, and others like it, are there for any other purpose, do you?

19. zinger

zinger Member

I think regardless of party, we should vote for any incumbant who is running against those lifers in Congress! That's where most of our problems lie...why they don't have terms in office is BS!

20. peanut gallery

peanut gallery TS Member

Hey even us skeeters know to vote for McCain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.