1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Do you Shop on "Black Friday"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by timberfaller, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Just thought I would ask.

I have stopped years ago. Now that the corporate world whats to call it "Black Friday" I have no desire to ever go back to shopping or letting my wife go out on the friday after Thanksgiving.

Anyone feel the same?

Come on, celebrate Thanksgiving on thursday and then its "Black" on friday!

give be a break!!

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

OT Do you Shop on

Refuse to go shopping on day after Thanksgiving. Rather sit in my tree, go to the range, or watch football (than means sleep).

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

OT Do you Shop on

Checked the ads for everywhere that I shop, and no one has anything that i'm interested in anyways.... May wake up early friday and just drive by walmart to give myself a good chuckle LOL

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

OT Do you Shop on

No deals on ammo, that's about the only thing that would seperate me from my current stack of falling dollars.

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

OT Do you Shop on

I can't see any reason to endure the abuse of crowded shopping malls. Anything I want is on line or has been available at stores where they were selling Black Friday specials at least a week early. We were in the market for a HD television and blu ray player and bought that last weekend.

6. Bridger

Bridger Member

OT Do you Shop on

I can't see any reason to endure the abuse of crowded shopping malls. Anything I want is on line or has been available at stores where they were selling Black Friday specials at least a week early. We were in the market for a HD television and blu ray player and bought that last weekend.

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

OT Do you Shop on

As demented as this sounds Lowe's is having a great sale on Whirlpool washers and dryers. Janet, (my lovely wife, says the washer we have is getting old and needs replacement. I don't have any idea how she came to this conclusion, however I have made similar determinations regarding shotguns ... she has never questioned my judgement that my current shotgun was on its last legs and a new one would be the answer. Soooo ... off we go to Lowe's to buy a washing machine. Sale price and no sales tax ... such a deal! Pray for me.

Bob Schultz

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

OT Do you Shop on

Friday I'm getting up early to go goose hunting with some friends, and maybe ducks later in the day depending on the weather. We are supposed to have a storm coming midday.

9. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

OT Do you Shop on

No on Black Friday I hide at home. ONly this year I'm going to help some guys dismantel a metal building that has partially burned. I'll bet we have a great time:( Dan

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

OT Do you Shop on

If I'm lucky enough to have had a good thanksgiving feast on turkey day I spend the next day on the couch with my belly flopped. It takes a good day or day and a half to recover. I forget my diabetes two days a year and go into a coma, better than drugs but maybe worse for ya. I'm hoping for some great pecan pie, lots of turkey and gravy and taters hell whatever they'll let me eat.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Never forget those that gave all so we can live free....and never forgive the bastards that took them from us.

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

OT Do you Shop on

Hell NO!

ATA shoot on Friday.

Don Verna

12. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

OT Do you Shop on

Only on line. No traffic, no people, no sales tax, and if careful, no shipping costs.

13. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

OT Do you Shop on

On-line shopping only!

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

OT Do you Shop on

Watch out there Bob!!! Now you know you have to have matching machines so you will likely be buying both the washer and the dryer to get them to match. You know how Women are like that. LOL Break-em all. Jeff

15. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

OT Do you Shop on

I'm going to hang out in front of Walmart and beg for money. I made quite a haul last year. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Booger

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

OT Do you Shop on

NO, plus wife knows the rule No Wal-Mart after Thanksgiving until after 1st of New Year. Its a rule sorry can't go. Birdtracker

17. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

OT Do you Shop on

Thanks for the laughs everyone, espically Bob, good luck with the matching washer and dryer.

Be Thankful, after all, it is Thanksgiving!

Matching guns, I'll have to try that one on my wife!

18. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

OT Do you Shop on

Hell no! I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. J

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

OT Do you Shop on

What??? Get mixed among those fierce women in a shopping frenzy?

Tried that in my youth when I needed some stuff for my newly rented apartment.
    Barely got away alive, but was scarred for life!

NEVER AGAIN!

20. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

OT Do you Shop on

To borrow a phrase" I'd rather sandpaper the a@#hole of an alligator in a phone booth".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.