1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT.Do you remember???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bocephas, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

For the older folks on here.

Do you remember,Edsel,Crosley,Henry Jays?

Do you remember,glass bottled milk on the front porch?

Do you remember,pop beads,blue suede shoes,and the hula hoop?

Do you remember,Orange crates made out of wood?

Do you remember,Steelies in the marble game?

Do you remember,Hadicall,Watkins?

Do you remember,the duck tail haircut?

Do you remember,the outhouse and the chamber pot?

Do you remember,when making out was putting food on the table?

Do you remember,when The Winchester Mod. 12 was King.

What do you remember?

Bocephas

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Good one Bo. I remember, and not too long ago, men's colored socks. Where can I find some?

BB

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Booger,do you remember (Rockford) socks?

Bocephas

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Bo,,I remember America,,,,,anyone else??????????

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I remember wing vents on cars and trucks.
    I remember having to put a nickle on the tone-arm of an old Magnavox record player. Wayne

6. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

I remember adjusting the tracking on my 8 track player with a book of matches.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

wayneo:

My old daily driver is a '94 F-150 complete with wing vents.

sissy

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I remember the Rockford socks, red heels. I was thinking about the red, blue, yellow and green socks we used to buy. Can't find them anymore.

I can remember tying the team up to a hitch rail in town on Saturday night when we went in to buy groceries. I was pretty young then but I remember.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I remember going to the Ford dealership with my Dad and he ordered a new Ford, a heater in the car was an option then. He ordered it. Thank God, because that was before global warming and we were in Indiana where it gets cold every once in a while.

Remember when FM radio was the bastion of beatniks and pseudo intellectuals? FM radio was considered to be way out there in the early days.

Remember beatniks?

Penny loafers?

I remember working 3 or 4 days mowing grass so I could buy a used 2 speed rear end for my bike from the kid a street over. That was living large. Ever see a kid today get on a one speed bike and try and find the brakes?

10. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I remember black and white television, does that count?

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You don't have to be old to remember some of those things, you just had to be southern and poor.

During times that I lived with my grandparents, we still had milk deliveries. the glass bottles came with crimped paper tops. The same company delivered our ice cream and butter.

Indian River fruits used to ship us tangerines and oranges in small wooden crates, packed inside of a larger cardboard box. I haven't ordered from them in years, but it was still like that in high school.

I remember steelies, peeries, solids and cat eyes. Peeries were my favorites, because they were so pretty. There were big and small versions of all 4 types. We always played for keeps. I had a lot of marbles...

Never had a chamber pot, but I knew an elderly lady who had one on her back porch. We had an outhouse when I was a kid.

They still sell hula hoops, and I still play with them.

Staying at Great Grandma's house when I was a kid, we churned butter and made lye soap. We always did our laundry in the bathtub with a washboard until we got a wringer washer (everyone else had a regular washing machine). I still hang some clothes out to dry to this day.

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I remember when a 100 HP farm tractor was really big!...and learned to drive in a 1948 Chev pickup...

13. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have such a good memory that I can remember going to a party with my dad,and comeing home with my mom...KS-OKIE.

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I remember the cream on top of the milk that the milk man delivered to our door every week.

Damn I'm old!

But..........Not as old as Shootlow! lol

Hauxfan!

15. capvan

capvan Active Member

I remember buying gas for 29.9 and filling the tank for $2.00 (or less)

And having alcohol ANYWHERE on campus was grounds for expulsion from college.

Bruce

16. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I remember steam locomotives, generators in cars instead of alternators, 6 volt car electrical systems and when girl's blouses buttoned all the way up to the neck.

I remember leaving doors unlocked and not being afraid to hitch hike or walk to town.

I remember being a child of the 1950's and the early 1960's which IMO was a great time to be a child.

I remember the draft (brother got drafted and I enlisted) and belted bias tires.

I remember when jobs were plentiful and you could overhaul an engine with a set of Sears box wrenches and a few other tools. I remember blowing out two head gaskets before I learned what torque meant.

I remember my dad taking me fishing and my mom staying home to raise me and my three brothers.

I remember IBM punch cards and when the IBM 360 was king.

Ed Ward

17. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I remember the Chevy that you didn't need the key in the ignition to start it and we never locked the ignition and didn't have to.

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not only do I remember the glass bottle milk on the porch but I also remember the milkman bringing it with a horse drawn wagon as well as the iceman using a horsedrawn wagon ( because there were no refrig's just an old icebox

19. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

How about when you could get most things without leaving your house. Milk, butter & etc. by Sealtest, White's bakery, Fuller brush, & here in the Midwest farmers would sell fruit, eggs & veggies door to door all the time, had a guy known as the soup man that went door to door. Then there was the mom & pop neighborhood grocery store. There was one every 10 blocks or so back then, all gone now! Kids actually played outside, no video games. Yup, I'll take the old days for me. Colonel

20. missed some

missed some TS Member

how about tellin the station attendant "2 bucks worth of ethel" and you could drive around all weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.