1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/ Do you agree with parole or early release?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Az Al, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

In reading the replies to: Do you believe in the Death Penalty?

I was remembering the Time I had an opportunity/misfortune to work with a couple of released Felons, that coupled with being a Cop’s kid gives me this attitude.

If someone has been convicted of a crime and sentenced to time in prison, it is self-defeating to let them out early for any reason!

My basis for this attitude has a lot to do with the felons I worked with and about an equal amount on being able to sit in on working police officers winding down in there off hours or days.

I witnessed, the felons holding court (so to speak) with younger kids, telling them:

“That five years sentence IF you’re really unlucky it will be 6 to 7 months and you WILL be out.”

“hey right now we’re wondering were our next meal is going to come from heck in the big house three meals a day like clock work.”

“ hard time, aint no hard time, TV videos, anything you want to read!”

I could go on for pages, but in general it just repeats these themes!

Cops tell just about the same thing about the offenders that just use the revolving door in the system.

So if they do the crime stack them in like cord wood!

AL Lingham

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

there some instances i agree with it but rapists & murderers should never get out early

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

About the only things that I would consider early release for would be non-injury crimes like drug possession (not selling), robbery, embezzlement etc. If you injure someone physically, you should do ALL the time.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You do the crime, you do the time. Period. Bulge.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rapist and murderers should never get out period let alone early, unless they are being carried in a body bag ... Many drug dealers fit into the same catagory from what I have seen ... Bring more body bags ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Definitly not for overcrowding conditions. Try opening the old military bases at Adak and Shemya in the Aleutian Islands for Maximum Security cases. Spare me the BS about visiting rights in this day of electronic communications.

7. drh08

drh08 TS Member

overcrowded, couldn't we use Guantanamo to hold some, maybe lax the security a little and they could become cubans hu???

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

all felons should have to spend part of their time in Maricopa county jail with Joe Arpaio

9. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Got JOE!

When it comes to the so called growding, I think that what the average bunk space for a submariner is, should be all that is allowed for a convict!

If they want more room let them break rocks!

AL

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, once again you've proven yourself to be the ultimate in understatement. No one gets out early and if the crime is committed with a weapon; add ten years to the sentence.

11. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Here in TN 2 police officers were involved in a domestic dispute over 1 woman, the result was 1 officer shooting the other in the hand with his duty weapon. The guy who shot his fellow officer was treated to out of court diversion and is still on a desk, if he doesn't get into trouble for 1 yr he gets his badge and gun back. This would constitute domestic violence and make him ineligible to purchase or own weapons of any sort had it been a regular Joe.

Fair I think not!!!!! When they start holding the jackbooted thugs to the same standard as everyone else for breaking the same laws maybe we can expect criminals not to get early release.

Double standards all around but no one cares. And folks here wonder why I have a distaste for leo's. We call our politicians corrupt.

12. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Here in Kalifornia " Arnold" wants to let them out early to satisfy the state budget! As long has he turns off all of his security systems that protect his lavish home and relocate all these people in his neighborhood I think it will work!!!PJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.