1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Democracy how long do we have??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Florida / Idaho
    This is the most interesting thing I've read in a long time. The sad thing about it, you can see it coming.

I have always heard about this democracy countdown. It is interesting to see it in print. God help us, not that we deserve it.

How Long Do We Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government."

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury."

">From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years"

"During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;

2. from spiritual faith to great courage;

3. from courage to liberty;

4. from liberty to abundance;

5. from abundance to complacency;

6. from complacency to apathy;

7. from apathy to dependence;

8. from dependence back into bondage"

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..." Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Trapshooting forum?

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Iowa man!!
    good points all
  4. JasonH

JasonH TS Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Isnt it sad? At the age of 36, I have seen the swing, from a conservitave, concerned, and informed voting public to a people that are uninformed, lazy, and bought and paid for by Washington D.C. I am ashamed to say that the surge of it all, has happened mainly due to my generations beliefs that the government must take care of us from cradle to grave, and its cowardness to demand that our polititions uphold the constitutions orders. And even worse, we lack the character, ethics, and respect of our country so much, that we care not to change it.( the word treason comes to mind)- How does a nation that was free suddenly become one of bondage? It isnt difficult. Just look at a few things like our,lack of education, not our ABC's, but being shown how to spot those who aim to destroy our republic, and disposing of them. I am shocked to see that we are more comfortable taking orders from leaders and political figures who are traitors to our republic, than using the the power of an assembled people and demanding they be exposed and gotten rid of. This used to be common among a people who wanted to be free. Now, it is politically incorrect to even mention that we use our own court system to carry sentence, and judge these idiots as what they are, traitors to our republic. The best part of that is, we dont need history to show who these people are. They should fear us, and not the other way around. The only way to change this country is to take it back by force before it is too late. I think a few public hangings are in order, it shouldnt take but a hundred or so to change the minds of these who think that thier political solution to it all, is to allow them to keep doing business as usuall, and that we are so meek we cannot possibly stand in thier way. To my dispair, they may be right. The majority of this country are still those who want, and are willing to fight for the freedom of our republic, and not those who seem to be getting thier way in washington. All we need is the historical "first shot" to start the battle. You can call me crazy, but I dont think the war would last more than a month or two. That is because the enemy isnt hiding, they are lined up like the british with bright coats, and flags, pride and greed, thinking of whom they shall conquer next, meanwhile looking down at those before them, and boasting on how it took no time at all for them to become a powerfull minority. Are the minutemen gathering to take care of this nuisance? I think so. A wise man said "If we dont change direction soon, we will end up where we are going". What I dont believe for one second is that, the solution of our problems is difficult. But it will take the power "Of the People" !!!!!!! Good Luck .......
  5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    I have not read the above discourse previously, but I have for some time considered the possibility that once greed, selfishness and concern only for the immediate...once the puritan ethic is dead and do good for goods sake is obsolete, then in fact democracy will also die.

The founding fathers had a great idea, but our current mode of civil/social behavior is abhorent to the original intent of the founders. This next election will just continue the wrong headedness that we have seen overtake our government in the past 8 years for sure, regardless of the victor.

We are far from the strongest nation in the world. We cannot impose our will, our form of government or even rescue our populus from societies ills because of what our congress has become, a bastian of selfish, rich, crooked people. Glittering generalities are not my style, normally, but we are in trouble. If I could afford to live in Dubai, Wow!!!

Jon Schorle, Sacramento, CA
  6. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

Jan 25, 2007
    421 extrapolate on your comment. Are you impling that republican voters should learn from this philosophy? or did you have a different meaning? Just want to understand, SAWYER
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.