1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Decent Power Washer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by over the hill, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

My wife and I agree we could use a power washer, but reading about them tells me there is a lot of trash on the market.

I need some opinions, Gas or electric?

We are thinking of spending 300-400 or something less than 500.00.

Anything decent for that amount of mmoney??

Regards....Gerald

2. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

I bought a nice one with a Honda motor for 3 to 4 hundred at Sam's Club. Electric is cheap but you get what you pay for.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

As long as it's a Honda engine, you're good to go. Gas for power.

4. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I'd ask a trusted local repairman. For instance, our local guy told me that Home Depot has sold a General 2300-psi gas pressure washer that has a nice B&S motor, with a throwaway General pump. He says the pump's quality can be more important than the motor's, and this particular pump is junk. Phil

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Phil, I think I got one of those junk power washers from HD. It has the BS motor and it starts all the time, it's the pump that is the problem. Takes 10 minutes of tinkering to get it to pump.

Be careful with a pressure washer. You can tear more crap up that you can imagine. Don't clean brick with a washer unless they are super hard brick, you can rip the face right off. The neighbor lady got one to clean her gutters and soffit, blew the soffit off and drenched the insulation in her attic.

Great tool, but be careful. Start with low wide angle pressure first.

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

HONDA---engine only-I have two and recommend them highly.Purchase at Home Depot or Lowes--Again make sure it,s a Honda motor.Should run about $299.00. Maybe slightly more.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I was real happy with my purchase from Sears, a Craftsman Gas model, 4 hp made in USA was on sale for about $325. I put a lot of hours on it with no problems. It has 4 quick change heads to match the flow/pressure to the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.